CH12- FALLING FOR YOU...

The next two days were a blur as Akshara spent most of her time with Asha working on the dresses. She was thankful Asha had a passion for the work she was given to do with the fabric. There was no way Akshara would have finished everything without her help.

Asha helped her pack the dresses the night Abhimanyu was supposed to return from Singapore. Akshara cleaned up the workspace and went upstairs to shower and get dressed. According to Jay, Abhimanyu was supposed to be back for a late dinner, and they were supposed to go out the following morning, so she was asked to have the outfits ready.

Akshara found it odd that she hadn't talked to Abhimanyu in two days, but he was in constant touch with Jay.

Was she jealous? Of Jay?

She rolled her eyes in the mirror at that thought as she dried her hair. She didn't want to be overly dressed but wanted to look nice. For him.

She put on a cotton maxi dress that flowed easily from the waist down but hugged her curves where needed.

Akshara went downstairs to the kitchen and saw that dinner was being set up in the dining room.

"Asha, we'll eat at the kitchen table."

"No, Jay said Abhimanyu wanted to eat with you here."

Asha's words made her blush, but she did not object to the set-up.

She put a bowl of soup in front of Akshara when she sat down at the table.

"Eat the soup, and you can eat the rest of the meal when Abhimanyu arrives."

Akshara looked up at Asha, smiling. "I'm sick of being ordered around like this by Abhimanyu."

"This is Amma's order, not Abhimanyu's." Asha laughed, and Akshara took a spoonful of the soup to her lips, enjoying the warmth.

Asha and Akshara were deep in conversation when Jay walked into the room.

"Kaira madam, please continue with dinner. It will be very late by the time Abhimanyu arrives. His plane landed, but he needs to be somewhere else."

"Jay, is he okay?" She was suddenly worried for his safety not even knowing what the threat was, and Jay nodded slowly.

"Okay, I'll go wait for him upstairs."

"You should eat," Asha objected to her leaving without eating, but

Akshara was not in a mood to eat. She was worried sick. Something told her things weren't right.

**** *

Akshara woke up to a distant voice calling out her name. She sat up and realized she had slept in the closet on the floor. She pushed her hair away from her face before standing up.

"Who is it?"

"It's me." The voice she had been waiting to hear all night came through the doors.

She smiled and unlocked the double doors and pulled them open.

The next instant, his arms circled her body, and she was thankful for the warmth and security his embrace offered.

"Where were you all night?" she asked pulling back to look at him.

He looked like he hadn't slept at all.

"There was a fire at one of the factories, and I had to attend to it."

His voice was soft, and he looked tired.

"I hope no one was injured."

"Thankfully, just the equipment was damaged." He held her to him.