CH05- WHERE IS NEIL??

Akshara was angry and scared at the same time. The way he pulled her like she was some unruly animal was humiliating.

 “Let me go, you bastard. I’m sick of being treated like this.”

His fingers dug into the flesh on her arm as he pushed open the bedroom door and shut it closed behind him. She squirmed with memories from earlier that day and tried to punch him in the back with her free hand with no effect. She tried to wiggle away from him, but he had her in an iron grip.

When he let go of her hand, she fell on to the bed, her body bounce off the mattress making her lose her balance as she tried to sit up.

“You hurt people who were taking care of you.” His words were like darts as he looked down at her.

“I told you, it was an accident.”

“What about Asha? You locked her in the bathroom after spraying deodorant in her eyes?” he chastised, and she felt the burn.

“I had to. I wanted to run away.” Her voice was elevated as she stood up and took a few steps toward him.

“Why are you running? Where were you going to run?” His brows furrowed.

Akshara shook her head. “I want to go home. I don’t want to be here. ”

“Do you not get it? Even if you run, I’ll bring you back here until I get what I want.” His words were like a blow to her head. He was right, there’s nothing stopping him from kidnapping her again.

She met his eyes that were searing with anger, her mind running through options. “Will you let me go if I give you what you want?”

“Yes. I already told you that.” He took a step toward her, and on impulse, she took a step back, and he stopped walking toward her.

“Fine,” she growled and pulled open the robe and threw it at him.

He caught it with one hand. She reached for the zipper on the back of her dress and pulled it open and threw her hands up in despair when it got stuck halfway down.

“Just do the rest of it and let me go.” She turned away from him fighting back tears as her body trembled anticipating what was coming next.

She shut her eyes tightly and wrapped her arms around her waiting for the horrifying moment. She jumped when she felt him behind her, but relief swept over her when she felt the robe over her shoulders, and he stepped back. She turned to look at him with utter surprise in her eyes.

“This isn’t what I need, Akshara.” His tone was surprisingly comforting, but she was not ready to let down her guard.

“What do you want, Abhimanyu? ”

“I told you. I want to know Neil’s whereabouts.”

She scrunched her nose and shook her head. “I seriously don’t know who that is, never heard or met him. Who is he?”