CH01- KIDDNAPED!!!

“There she goes,” Akshara whispered into the microphone watching the beautiful bride walk down the aisle.
Akshara slowly turned to look at the groom when everyone else in the church turned back to watch the bride walk down the aisle. It was her favourite part of her job.

Every time she saw the awe in a groom’s eyes when he saw his bride, it made Akshara smile.

That very look confirmed that, as a designer, she had done her job well and made another couple happy. She slowly moved her eyes to follow the bride as she walked down the aisle with her father, and all Akshara could think about was what else she could have done differently with the dress.

She was happy with how the dress had turned out. Her eyes wandered in search of one of her assistants who was seated in the front row to adjust the bride’s train after she stepped next to her husband-to-be.

“The bride’s dress needs adjustment at the hem.” Akshara pressed on the earpiece and spoke firmly. She let out a sigh of relief when the dress was adjusted to perfection without interrupting the ceremony .

In her eight-year career as a fashion designer, the past few years have been the most rewarding. She made hundreds of dresses for top celebrities and known personalities in the country, and every event was of the utmost importance for her, especially the weddings. She personally attended each wedding to make sure the dress she designed was also worn to perfection with nothing out of place.

The dress the bride wore today was no different. It was a wedding dress that was fashioned in traditional white, yet the long sheer sleeves, the wide boat neck, and the embellishments added drama to the custom dress.

Akshara gave her team a nod of appreciation when the ceremony was over, and the happy couple made their way out of the church.
She knew her team wasn’t done for the day, not until the bride walked into the reception with her new husband.

“What’s the status on the reception outfit?” she asked as she walked toward her team gathered to one side of the now-empty church.

“Ma’am, we have lots of time,” one of the junior designers on her team said into the mic, smiling cheerfully.

“I asked for the status. Not…Time.” Her words made an eerie silence settle in over the empty church.

Her senior designer jumped in. “The dress is on its way to the hotel where the reception will be held. ”

“I want the dress to be…” Akshara’s voice trailed off when she heard a woman’s voice call out to her. She turned to find the bride’s best friend, Aarohi, walking toward her.

“Kaira, that dress was just stunning. You’ve made the bride very happy just like you made me on my wedding day.” Aarohi put her arms around Akshara. She was better known as ‘Kaira’ in her line of work although she didn’t really like the idea of people calling her by that name .

Akshara had designed Aarohi’s wedding outfits a year ago, and since then, Aarohi has recommended Akshara to all her friends. Aarohi’s father is the home minister of the state, and since Aarohi’s wedding, Akshara has only designed clothing for celebrities and well-known professionals outside of her work with Beeba Global, a leading fashion house.

“Thank you. It’s good that the bride is happy.” Akshara maintained a professional tone, although she and Aarohi were good friends.

“Ecstatic is the word.” Aarohi laughed.

“Glad to hear.” Akshara smiled.

“If there’s anyone who can make the dress of dreams, it’s you.” Aarohi meant every word she said.