Chapter 24. Lovers

Start from the beginning

Ayansh clears his throat. "Often, personal equations cloud professional judgements."

It takes a moment for her to grasp the meaning of the statement and correlate it with herself and when she does, a curse almost slips past her lips at the audacity of her so called boss. "Unbelievable," she grits, rage coursing through her veins. "So y'all think I'm a traitor?"

"Obviously not!" Emma says immediately, discarding her doubts. "Ayansh Sir didn't mean that."

"So, pray tell me what did he mean?" She crosses her arms.

"Ina," Rohan whispers, silently asking her to calm down and not cross the line.

"I just meant that- ," Ayansh starts and then stops when he fails to find an adequate word.

"You meant what?" Inaaya quirks a brow at him.

Emma pulls at her crossed hands, gritting at her to behave professionally and respect that he's her superior at the end of the day.

"Okay, I was skeptical that what if you don't give your hundred percent or try to help your brother in some way. Yeah." Ayansh breathes out.

Inaaya's glare hardens. She wanted to shake that guy. Even alcohol doesn't give her headache as much as this man does. "I'm loyal," she begans, her tone stern, "unlike many others," she takes a jab at him, unknown to all. "You don't have to be worried that I might backstab you or our company. Moreover, I'm passionate about what I do so, it will be better if you or anybody else," she looks at others, eyeing them tenaciously, "stop assuming things about me and take decisions based on it. I believe business doesn't work on assumptions."

Ayansh gives her a curt nod. "Point noted."

"I told you Sir." Rohan mutters under his breath.

"I'll let her know the details of today's discussion." Emma says quietly.

"Uhm," Sameer says awkwardly, "We have to leave in an hour. I think we should get ready."

Without wasting any second, Inaaya stomps to her room, picks up her formals and locks herself inside the bathroom.

After getting ready in her white crop top with lavender coloured blazer above it and dress pant and tying her hair in a sleek ponytail, she left the room, leaving Emma to her own.

Ayansh who was already present there, sitting on the couch cross legged, typing something on his phone didn't notice her until she came and stood in front of him with folded arms across her chest.

She challenged him with her gaze.

His eyebrows shot up and he couldn't help but rake his eyes from her head to toe and then, meet her eyes again. He didn't know why but he felt the need to stand up so he did.

Inaaya's brows furrowed, taken aback slightly and she looks around to see if anyone else was present. She steps beside him like a kid.

Ayansh freezes on his spot.

"Did you really think so low of me?" She asks in a whisper, more like accuses. "Did you really think that I don't know where my loyalties lie, that I might actually go against the organization I work for, cheat them?"