CHAPTER TWENTY

YENILLA

"Okay. I can't wait to see you Pete, bye!" I say to my brother over the phone and put an end the call. My brother had called to let me know he'd be in London later in the evening. And the idea excited me more than it probably should have. Today makes it a month since I've been working as Aaron's carer and all the while I had felt like I was trapped in an endless cycle of torture, not literally of course. But in hindsight, with everyday that passed with me working here for Aaron, I got to see him more of who he truly is. He is not exactly a nice person. I might go as far as saying he's a bad person, but I don't want to stretch.

After his disturbing outburst about a week ago about me being friendly with his friends, I decided I'd just focus on my job and try as much as possible not to cross paths with him or engage in unnecessary conversations. Of course that proved a little difficult, seeing as I was here to tend to his needs. I was desperately counting the days till my time here came to an end because I genuinely felt trapped. That's why the prospect of seeing my brother made me so happy, it was going to be a breath of fresh air. I couldn't wait to go back to the states and be with my friends again, this break was going on forever and I missed my friends.

Most days, I didn't even see Aaron throughout the hours I spend in the penthouse. He's either cooked up in his studio or he's locked up in his bedroom. The only time I see him is when the doctors come for his routine check up, besides that he's hard to catch. His leg is all but healed now, seeing as he doesn't need me to help him with the little things anymore. It therefore begs the question, why does he keep me here? Why not just let me go if he's better now?

See? Trapped.

The fact that we barely saw each other in the days I was here didn't mean his presence has any less of an effect on me. When I did see him, my body always reacted the same way...a zing down my spine... hitched breaths...goosebumps....and a sudden surge of warmth in my lower region. I also had reason to believe that maybe, just maybe my presence affected him as well. When in each others presence, he always has his heated gaze on me, starring at me with what I believe is unmistakably Lust. I notice how his breaths always get a tad huskier when ever I was close and the man always starred me down unashamed and unabashedly.

Aaron Holland stays confusing me. He's a very confusing man and I'm not sure how much longer my poor heart can take anymore of his very mixed signals.

Today, when he sees me, he looks at me like he wants nothing more than to fuck me into the ground and then some.

Tomorrow, when he sees me, he looks at me like I'm some parasite that he cannot wait to be rid of. I pity the women he has dated, because he's a walking pile of red flags.

Speaking of women he's dated, Britney Matthews did leave that day like he said she would, but that didn't stop her from strolling into the penthouse whenever she wanted, much to my annoyance and jealousy. Although Aaron did most times look annoyed by her visits, it didn't stop him from inviting her upstairs and while I don't have any evidence, they had to be having sex right? Or what else are they doing upstairs for hours on end? Nevermind.

I hardly ran into any of Aaron's workers save Gabriel and Liza. The cook and the house keeper were usually in a hurry to get their jobs done so they could leave. Apparently, they never wanted to be in Aaron's menacing presence. I've met both women on a few occasions, we barely spoke and when we did it was just a few lines of pleasantries.
They were scared of Aaron, and man did I understand why.

Today, I'm alone in the living room slurping on an iced coffee while going through twitter. I'd been seeing a few posts from blogs speculating that inside sources have stated that when Aaron's Anchors contract ended next year he wasn't going to renew it again. And while it may all be just rumors, I believe there might be a grain of truth it in it. Sometime ago, on a day just like today, I heard arguments coming from upstairs, I caught Aaron's voice as a party involved in the argument but I couldn't tell who the other person was. The argument went on for minutes and only got more heated, next thing I hear the doors slam shut and a very furious looking Nathan thumping down the stairs with Aaron not far behind. They looked like they could go at each other any moment, they didn't even notice me in the living room.