CHAPTER SIXTEEN

YENILLA

"Finally!" Aya exclaims over the phone.

"I feel like I don't even talk to you anymore Yen! We haven't had a decent conversation in over a week, what's going on?" Aya asks

I sigh. Since I arrived London I had been a shitty friend, I hardly replied to texts from Aya and the others and when I did it took hours. They did most of the calling as well and even then I was hardly available long enough to have a decent conversation. Even Maxine who was in London as well was not exempted from my negligent behavior.

"I know I know and I'm so sorry Aya. Things have been crazy. I recently just got out of some hot water, doing this internship and trying to keep my mental health in check is proving to be quite difficult."

"Hey, what's going on?" She asks, worry evident in her voice.

"It's a lot going on really. I don't have the time to talk about all of it now. I'm actually on my way to have lunch with Maxine at a near by diner. I'll face time you when I reach so we can talk more okay?"

I end the call and put on a hoodie over my scrubs. I exit the hospital building which still had some paparazzi perched outside because of Aaron's presence within. I started my walk to the diner which was only about two minutes away.

Maxine had been asking to catch up and the only way she was able to get me out was to pick a place close to work. Hence, the diner.

"Hey" I say as soon I spot Maxine, seated at the corner.

"Hey girl! You are one hard person to catch damn. Is work that tasking?" She says as she gets up to give me a side hug which I reciprocate.

"You don't know the half of it, there's been some crazy and frankly unbelievable things going on. So honestly I don't even know where to start."

"Why don't we order for something first and you can start from the beginning"

"That would be great. Hey I told Aya I'd FaceTime her once I get here so she can get the gist of it as well". I tell Maxine and she nods as she calls over the waiter.

I dial Aya and she answers on the first ring.

"Hey Aya. Damn you look tanned" Maxine says as she spots Aya on the phone.

"Bitch be serious, I can't tan I'm brown" Aya says and rolls her eyes. God I missed her.

"I get that, but for real you do look like you've been getting a lot of sun" Maxine insists.

"Well that's probably because I've been staying at Luke's Miami Beach house for like a week" Aya says in a tone I didn't quite recognize. It almost sounded as if she was being coy.

Interesting.

"Luke owns a beach house? Damn I sometimes forget Yena is not the only rich one amongst us"

"So Luke huh?" I say with a sly smirk and put my phone down to rest on the digital menu board when I see the waiter approaching with our food.

"I don't know I don't know" Aya says gleefully

Where's the Aya I know? It's definitely not this one.

"We've been spending alot of time together you know. Like just us, and we've done alot of talking and I don't know, listening to him talk about himself just makes me see him differently. You know?"

"Jesus Aya. Are you in love?" I say almost choking on my fries.

"Have you two been fucking?" Maxine chimes in.

"Jesus calm down the both you."

"I wouldn't call what I feel for him love. But I definitely feel something and I know what I feel is not platonic in the slightest."