CHAPTER THREE

YENILLA

"What's your obsession with British men Aya?" Aya rolls her eyes at me and says " it's not British men yenil, it's the anchors, with those seven men lies my obsession for English men" I scoff not buying it " yes of course the anchors, and basically any male who speaks queen's English, quit bullshitting yourself Aya." She raises her hands up in defeat and says "true as that may be, it is beside the point", with a smirk playing on my lips I inquire " what's the point then?" A big grin spreads across her face revealing her pearly whites "the point is I managed to get your brother to score us two VIP tickets to the cochella yenil, that's two thousand dollars! Do you know how big this is? We get to see the seven loves of my life perform up close, and possibly make eye contact!" She squeals, "hmm, and if I might ask, how did you manage to get my brother to get us VIP tickets" I ask with a sly smirk, upon hearing that she glared at me "contrary to what you might think I didn't suck your brother's dick to get these" she waves the tickets in my face "I just promised I'd make sure you weren't sucking any dicks" I bark out in laughter nor quite able to comprehend what she had just said "but I thought that was you life's mission, you know, not resting until I've been dicked down? Or in this case until I've sucked on one!" I continue to laugh, and Aya waves her hand dismissively " that is the mission still! But your brother doesn't need to know that" I look at her still trying to contain me amusement "oh Aya, you're something else". She doesn't respond to that and we go back to eating our lunch quietly, after a bit of silence I clear my throat and begin "about this concert thing-" before I can finish she starts
"-no no no, you're coming and that's final! And before you start remember you owe me? Yeah last Friday after you stood me up. There's no way out of this one yenil, you're coming or I'll never forgive you!"

I slump back in my seat, suddenly loosing appetite for the Thai take out I'd initially been feasting on, just the thought of going out to cochella and mingling with a bunch of other people, hundreds..maybe thousands even vexed me to no end! "and while we're at it now, you should know that I'm also going to be picking out your outfit" Aya suddenly states and I narrow my eyes at her "now attending the show I can manage, but having you pick out my fit? Just shoot me!"
"That can be arranged" Aya states..
Not knowing how to respond I simply glare at her while she eats her texts away on her phone.

I'm in my departmental library, studying for a quizz when I get a text from Aya

Maraiya: Guess what?

Me: I really don't want to

Maraiya: such a kill joy, anyway I'm at the store shopping for our cochella outfits and I found the perfect one for you

Me: why do I feel more frightened than excited?

Maraiya: *walks away*

I laugh at Aya's text and attempted go back to studying but I'd already lost focus. So I open my Mac book and google the cochella headliners for the year. Ah, of course it's the anchors..no wonder Aya is so psyched about it. To further pass time I decide to search about the band, not that I cared or anything I just wanted to know more about them, understand what the fuss is about...I mean yeah, I'd listen to a few of their songs and even liked them, but that's as far as it got, I didn't have an alter dedicated to them in my room all in the name of fangirling...when I click search and results come out, I quickly recognise one of the band members, Timothee, whom is the youngest I think...that one was always on the news and blogs for this or that, so he was kinda hard to miss, I kept scrolling, seeing pictures of the other members of the band that I was familiar with, but then my scrolling came to an abrupt stop, what the... Who's this guy? I ask myself. To sate my curiosity, I click on his photograph and details of him become available to my curious gaze.

Aaron Holland, 25 year old member of the anchors, I kept scrolling and I consumed more information of him...I was mostly ogling at his pictures but that's not the point, how didn't I know this particular member of the band? as I went on searching about him I came to realise that this Aaron guy liked to keep to himself and avoided the media like a plague...so that's why I didn't know of him before, I tell myself. But he's so fine, I shake my head, willing myself to snap out of it.

I come across a headline where it says that, people are speculating that he's in a relationship with Britney Matthews, beacuse of a kiss they shared in public. Lucky girl, being curious as to who this Britney was...I did a little search on her too, pictures that appeared of her almost had be drooling, she was so beautiful, I understand why she would be his type, a six foot tall model..hell she'd be my type too if I was into girls, something else caught my attention and that's the fact that she was twenty nine years old, older than Aaron...hmm, he must be into older women.

When my curiosity was finally sated, after about an hour of vigorous stalking and that's lightly putting it...I finally put my laptop away and go back to my books, with the hopes of studying a little more before I went back to the apartment, but who was I kidding? I couldn't study anymore...I was far too busy day dreaming about a certain British man.

Later that night, Aya and I are sat in the living room watching TV and she switched to entertainment news...and on display was a bunch of paparazzi almost hounding members of the anchor as the exited the airport. Aya squealed in excitement "they're here...oh my God they're already here for the show, I'm in the same state as the anchors yenilla, I think I'm gonna die" she goes on yapping about how she can't wait for the show, but I wasn't too interested in that conversation I had my eye set on a certain member of the band, who wore an oversized beanie, a black hoodie, black sweats, along side what looked like really expensive sun glasses. With a brown leather bag slung over his shoulder, he had a deep scowl etched on his face as he tried to make his way to the vehicle without colliding with the paparazzi, even the assigned body guards were having a hard time keeping the camera clickers away, damn.

With that, I started to feel a little excited about the show...I was going to see this man up close and in person and the thought of it made me want to shit myself.

That's it for chapter threeee

Please guys show my book some love by voting and commenting, also share it and recommend it to your friends 🥺
I promise you won't regret cause I have alot of nasty things in store for this book..
Winks*🌚

Shyreader out,
Cheers!