chapter 41 • point of trying to ruin my relationship with colby

Start from the beginning

"yeah! we have to enter!" she said.

"so, we get to sing and battle people?" amy asked. "i'm in!"

"it's not a real battle. it's a contest where bands perform original songs and face-off against each-other." hartley explained.

"i'm confused. can i throttle someone or not?"

"no! but if we win, it'll boost our cred as a new singing duo, and we'll be insanely popular."

"we are popular! the other day, we were singing at the food court, and someone tipped us with curly fries."

"that wasn't a tip! someone threw them at us and said stop singing, i'm trying to eat!"

"best 2.99 i've ever spent!" colby smiled.

"you should've shared them with me instead of throwing them." i shook my head, suddenly craving curly fries.

"i would've, but being rude was more important in that moment." colby said.

"the only thing is, to perform at the contest, we'd have to write an original song, which we've never done before." hartley said.

"big deal. i used to write songs with my old band all the time. well, until they met their demise in a fiery inferno. which was ironic, because we were gonna name our band fiery inferno." amy shrugged.

"that's so cute, aw!" i smiled. "let me be your manager!"

"okay!" hartley shrugged.

i texted my chauffeur, walking towards the front door.

"let's go get curly fries." i said, and colby followed after me.

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»

i yawned.

"amy! i just came up with the perfect verse for our battle of the bands song. check it out! the leaves are growing, the sun is shining, i feel so alive, the stars are aligning." hartley read out.

"that's so cute, i love that." i grinned.

"wow! that's like, the perfect set up for the chorus i just wrote! stop with the lies, stop with the lies, everything dies, everything dies!" amy read her: out.

"yeah.. i love that too!" i gave a thumbs up.

"i'm not letting our first performance be a song about death." hartley sat down.

"then i'm not singing about the stars aligning. what's your big finale? butterflies flying out of your armpits?" amy questioned.

".. if you're open to it. look, the contest is tomorrow night. if we can't write an original song that represents the both of us, we're gonna have to back out of the competition."

"wait, i got it! what if we perform loud like me? it's a song i used to sing with my villain band, but it's the last-villainy one i ever wrote."

amy pulled out her phone, and showed us a short clip of her and her band singing said song.

"amy, that's so good!" hartley complimented.

"it's really good. but it should be sadder." i commented.

"i still feel like our first original song as a duo should represent both our personalities." hartley began.

"hey, hartley, hi cherry! hello, lamey." gem walked up to the table.

"oh my fucking god, it's chlamydia again. you're so corny." i glared.

"really, gem?" amy questioned. "your name literally means generic diamond."