I mean what did I do so wrong to warrant the cold shoulder. He's the one who's handsome, smiles and flirts with me. And even went as far as to offer me a great job on the spot.

How could a girl like me not fall for that!? Not that I'm falling or whatever. But this is so stupid.

I glance over at him before rolling my eyes and crossing my arms as the driver pulls into the huge hotel parking lot, and around to the door.

Putting the car in park the driver rounds the car to open the door closes to the hotel entrance and we all get out of the car as the bell hoppers come to grab our luggage.
————————————————————

"Okay sir this is my room, I will be at yours and Miss. Trina's in 30 minutes to leave for the dinner." Mrs Janice says to Ross before turning to her room. She was on the phone with her husband.

My room is 607 and Ross' room is 609 how convenient. I roll my eyes to myself.

As we approach our room doors Ross begins to speak which made my heart jump.

"This business meeting is strictly business." He says not even looking at me for more then a glance before walking to his door.

"Wait, what!? That's all you have to say!?" I'm just shocked...

"I just wanted to remind you that this a business trip, this dinner is not a date but a meeting, and that we're not here to mix business with pleasure." He looks at me semi-coldly but with a hint of seriousness.

"You're telling me this as if I don't know that. Besides what me and Freddy does isn't any of Jacobs&Co. business." I snap.

"Yeah? Well I'm telling you as your boss. This is a business trip. Not a vacation to be with your boyfriend." He pauses. "A-and, he's my business partner, as are you apart of my business team. Ju-." He sighs heavily before ending his sentence "just make it less awkward for me." He finishes before looking at me again then entering his room.

I believe I've been standing in the same spot for about six minutes recollecting my thoughts... did I see sadness?

I walk into my room closing the door and sliding down sitting on the floor.

"My head hurts."

————————————————————
Moments later Mrs. Janice is knocking on my door.

"Coming Janice!" I shout before spraying on my favorite perfume "portrait of a lady." Then I stop by the mirror to make sure everything looks great on me.

"You look stunning Trina." I tell myself

I was wearing my off the shoulder copper colored satin dress, that flowed out to my feet and had a slit on the side that came up a bit too high so I pinned it closed. My sister locks were tied up in a curly high bun, my makeup looked natural with a bold smoky eye, and red lipstick. And I wore a simple gold necklace and matching earrings.

Then it hit me... "who am I trying to impress!?" I ask out loud while still admiring myself.

But I know and I don't know. Maybe both of them. Maybe I want to see who's jaw can drop the lowest. Maybe my heart will know.

"Mrs. McMillan are you ready?" I hear Janice again.

I reach for the door opening it up revealing myself to her and Ross who was on the phone but now staring at me in awe as he accidentally drops his phone.

"Yes I am." I smile and her then glance at Ross, my heart flutters.

That's the reaction I wanted it.
————————————————————
A/N: 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🥰

Don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️

P.s to everyone who is liking my story, commenting, or adding it to your reading list! I'm so thankful!! And for everyone who took the time to read this far thank you!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

-chuu💋