He followed the father through the fete, making sure that he'd always turned his back before the father could notice he was being followed by Tommy

He followed the father through the fete, making sure that he'd always turned his back before the father could notice he was being followed by Tommy. Tommy followed him from the fete into a public restroom where he brought out his pistol and aimed it at an open stall where Father Hughes was. 

However, before Tommy was able to pull the trigger on the man he was jumped by two men, the three fought against each other but Tommy was overpowered by them as the father watched without care through the mirror as one of the men shoved Tommy into a radiator. The henchmen grabbed Tommy and shoved him around the tiled wall, he grunted as he tried to get free of them while Father Hughes walked out of the stall and over to them and he leaned against the wall and Tommy yelled, blood in his mouth then there was a crack and Tommy was dropped to the floor.

The two men brought out a stretcher and placed Tommy on it, he was now unconscious and was carried out and into an ambulance. In the ambulance, Tommy regained consciousness but it didn't do him much good as he was unable to move.

Tommy was taken to a deserted building where both Patrick and Father Hughes met him as he was dropped to the floor, Patrick and the father looked at Tommy, there was a large cut on his head, from the attack in the public toilets, blood pouring from his wounds and he was unable to stay conscious, "You idiot. You nearly killed him. I told you we needed him fully conscious. We need to stop using soldiers who've been in India, they hit too hard," Patrick said.

"Not fucking hard enough," The father shook Tommy with his foot, "Hey, Mr Shelby. Hey. I heard about your plan to kill a holy man from a voice in the confessional," He said.

Patrick crouched down to him, "Can you hear us?" He asked.

Tommy was slipping in and out of consciousness, his vision was blurry and the voices were disorientated, he groaned, "Astella?" He called out.

"Shelby. Why were you attempting to kill Father Hughes?" Tommy lay with his eyes closed, "Maybe we should wait until he is fully conscious," Patrick said.

"I have a dinner appointment," The father walked over and grabbed Tommy by his face, "Hey, Shelby?" He tapped the man's face trying to get his attention, "Wake up. Eyes front," The beaten man opened his eyes slightly and breathed heavily, "Mr Shelby, you're trying to kill me, were you?" Father Hughes said.

"Passing information..." Tommy inhaled deeply as he spoke weakly.

"Fuck. He knows," Patrick said and the father released Tommy and Patrick and Father Hughes stood up straight.

Tommy was conscious and looked around a little, "Where am I?" He asked.

"You are among the Odd Fellows. Please count from ten to one," Patrick said.

"Ah, fuck you," Tommy said then the father kicked Tommy in the head, knocking him unconscious.