𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜

It was the last few weeks of school before summer break, which means that the students of Hogwarts were bombarded with tests. Between being excited  for the holidays and nervous about test scores, Brooklyn was stressed out of her mind. She was so stressed she had forgotten to put her rubber stopper in her ink bottle and the bottle ended up leaking in her bag. That happened twice. 

She spent most of the time in the library preparing for upcoming exams and the upcoming quidditch match. 

She didn't realise that ever so slowly, she was becoming friends with the Weasley twins. It just kind of happened. They would stay at the library with her, (even if they hated it) and they simply spent time with her. In a strange occurrence, Brooklyn Granger had realised that she had friends.

It was dinner time, Brooklyn Granger was at the Astronomy Tower. She had just finished all her tests before the summer holiday.  The next day they were going to board the express and go back home until the next school year.

Brooklyn swayed her legs over the edge of the tower, thinking about everything she had packed and needs to pack. Her thoughts were interrupted. 

"Well that seems safe doesn't it Fred?" "Never seen anything safer George!" The twins walked up to Brooklyn. 

"Hey guys, why aren't y'all down in the great hall?" Brooklyn leaned back, laying down on the cold floor. 

"Well we were wondering where a certain brunette was, as she wasn't at the Ravenclaw table." Fred Weasley stated. George felt relieved that Fred had said 'we' as it was George who noticed Brooklyn wasn't at the table. "By the way, that prank idea of yours worked like a charm!" 

She smiled at this. "Which one? The hair lifting, the Alihotsy Draught, Babbling beverage—"

"Babbling Beverage!" The twins exclaimed in unison. They had sat next to Brooklyn at the edge of the tower. 

Brooklyn sat up. "Guys don't do that, you might fall." She looked at the twins who were copying her leg movements over the edge of the tower. The twins looked at their legs, her legs, their legs, her legs until Brooklyn got the memo. 

"We get away from the edge, you do too?" George suggested. Brooklyn nodded before asking "Who did you guys prank anyways?" 

They all stood up and started walking down the stairs. "Olive!" Fred exclaimed. 

"Oliver Wood? Now here I was thinking you guys were friends?" Brooklyn said.

"He is" George started. "But he's been making us late for classes" Fred finished. 

Brooklyn connected the dots. "You've been getting detention for pranks and being late?" The twins aggressively nodded. They had reached the entrance to the great hall. 

"Give me a second, I have to use the restroom." Brooklyn waved before walking over to the bathrooms. 

George watched Brooklyn disappear down the hall. "C'mon Loverboy," Fred said nudging his brothers shoulder. "Lets go get dessert!" George rolled his eyes.  

Brooklyn had finished washing her hands before going back upstairs to her dorms and started packing for the train ride.

 She left out a muggle outfit. Her parents didnt like it when they showed up at home with their uniform on and she didnt like changing on the bus. She put a little bit of muggle money and wizard money on the outside pockets. She then went over to her desk and wrote a letter to Hermione, telling her that she should also leave out some muggle clothes. She attached a bit of muggle money, 5 pounds. 

She walked over to her pet owl Dipsy. She shared Dipsy between her sister and her. Dipsy is a brown short eared owl. 

She flopped down onto her bed. Tomorrow would be the last day she would be a 3rd year. Next year she would be a 4th year. Damn I'm old. She thought getting up and going to the bathroom. 

Hermione was still in the great hall because, Dessert 

Dipsy flew down onto a space next to Hermione and dropped a letter and a small bag. Dipsy pecked Hermione to get her attention. Hermione's jumped a little but smiled when she saw the little owl.

"Hello there Dipsy" Hermione stretched out her arm a bit and Dipsy jumped up onto it. She opened the letter and skimmed it before smiling. She got out a pen and a bit of paper and wrote a little response before letting Dipsy fly back to Brooklyn. 

Ron, Harry (who had been let out of the infirmary) George, Fred and anyone else who was near them was confused. Hermione didn't own a bird?

"Hermione, who's bird is that?" Ron asked bluntly. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"My sister's, she got one this year." Hermione said "she must've left the great hall early. Plus she prefers writing letters." 

Fred and George looked at each other before shrugging. 

Brooklyn had decided to go to bed early and wake up early the next day. She was going...home