--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whew, they've given up." Erza bent down wiping sweat from her forehead.

"Took them long enough." Jellal said handing Erza a handkerchief.

How was he not out of breath? He was running with her - the same distance, the same speed, the same time - and yet, he wasn't even panting.

"Are you alright?"

Erza looked up at the blue-haired man who was looking somewhere else. The sun was right behind him - maybe that's why he was glowing. Her eyes trailed to his clothes. A white shirt with a blue tint under a hooded dark blue coat with light blue edges. What caught her eye was none of these things.

It was the royal insignia on the right-hand side of his shirt.

Levy hadn't told her much about Jellal. Erza knew Jellal did some kind of a dangerous job. Levy worked as an undercover journalist. She stayed with Erza's group and traveled wherever they went. Levy met up with Jellal occasionally - or so she said. She was one of the people Erza trusted. With everything. Including information about Natsu and Fairy Tail.

Erza went cold.

'No.' She thought. 'Levy wouldn't have... would she?'

"You-" Erza cleared her throat, "you work for Acnologia."

"That would be His Majesty to you!" Jellal replied without thinking. His eyes widened when he realized what he said. "I-I mean..."

"Don't." Erza spat. "Levy... She... I... You saved me back there, so I'll return the favor and won't kill you."

Jellal stared at her. In one second, she had gone from nice, pretty lady to a scary demon. He sighed and shook his head. "Look, you've got it all wrong."

"Got what wrong?" Erza's voice thundered, "Do you not work for the king? And don't you dare lie to me!" Erza was mad, and I mean mad, at Levy. Erza had helped Levy, helped her with her job, her love, her life! And how does she pay her back? By betraying her! Erza wasn't someone that took betrayal lightly.

"I do work for the king." Jellal stared right at Erza. "Levy does provide me with information. I do give it to the king."

Erza's hand went into her cloak. She retracted it, a dagger in hand. "You're not even going to try and lie to me?"

"Of course not." Jellal held his palms out to her to show he meant to harm. "There is no point in lying. But-"

"You're right. There is no point in lying. Then why did Levy lie? Why did she say she was rooting for the rebellion when she was clearly not? Why did she act as if she was my sister? Why did she act as if she cared...?" Erza's voice shook.

She fell to her knees as tears fell from her eyes. Why was she crying? Was she crying because of the harsh truth? Was she crying because of Jellal's nonchalant expression?

She heard Jellal's footsteps come closer. His hand touched her chin lightly. He forced her to look at him. "What?" She snarled, "I don't need your pity!"

"Pity? Who's pitying you? If anything, I envy you for the things you do."

Erza stared at Jellal. It was clear he was working for the king. It was clear he got information from Levy. And yet.

His eyes were innocent. It told no lies. It was telling the truth. It would never lie to her.

She shoved his hand away. "Why don't you tell me what's actually going on?" She was calm but her voice still held power.

Jellal smiled. "Of course. You see, it's like this..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere deep in the castle.

"Soon," a man whispered to a huge lacrima that glowed a light blue. "Soon, Anna, we shall be together again."

From the shadows, a pair of red eyes watched the man. The eyes held sadness and a sense of guilt. He clutched the wall tighter, his fingers turning white.

He knew this was wrong. And yet, he allowed it.

He knew the king was going mad. And yet, he did nothing.

He knew bringing Queen Anna back would only result in someone else's death.

He knew who it would be.

And even though it hurt him - oh hurt him so much to the point his heart broke in two - he allowed.

After all, isn't that what brothers are supposed to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey minna,

Hope you enjoyed.

If you liked it, please Vote, Comment and Follow!