Preening

Third person---

Grian sat on the edge of his bed, unsure of what to do. He could go outside..that could worry the others..

He glanced at his communicator and saw a notification. Carefully, he picked it up and looked at what it said.

Mumbo: Hey! You didn't respond last time and you probably were busy. You probably are again...but wanna hang out with me and Scar? We can prank someone or something..

Mumbo: Yeah! Please! -Scar

Grian giggled a bit at the last message, knowing Scar had probably stolen Mumbo's device.

That laugh have trigger a cough or few because the next thing he knew was the communicator dropped on the bed and his hands were covered in blood and a few roses.

He let out a pained whine and rushed to the bathroom to clean up. He threw the roses he coughed up away and quickly washed the blood off.

He looked in the mirror and sighed.

His wings and hair were a mess, having been neglected for a few days.

He combed through his hair but didn't bother with his wings. They already hurt, touching them would hurt more.

He walked back to his bed and picked up the small device and hesitated to reply.

Would they get mad if he said no? He couldn't have them mad at him...it would hurt to hang out with the man you love and his..probably boyfriend?

He didn't know where their relationship was at and it hurt to think about. He decided he would go and just hoped he didn't cough anything up while he was there.

A few moments after he had replied, Mumbo told him where to meet them at.

Grian got ready to leave and tried to fly off but with no success. Right.. He's wings hurt and haven't been preened...

He sighed and began his walk.

With Mumbo and Scar---

Scar and Mumbo stood at the edge of the Boatem hole. Scar was excited to see Grian.
Maybe he would get to ask him out, sure he didn't have flowers but he could still ask!

Mumbo was saying something but Scar couldn't hear, all he could think about was the small blond he had grown to love.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to Mumbo.

"You okay there mate?" The mustached man asked.

"Yes! Of course!"

"Alright..well Grian should be here soon!"

Scar smiled and practically bounced in excitement, almost falling in the hole. Mumbo quickly pulled him up and laughed.

Scar looked down in embarrassment. He heard footsteps behind them and quickly turned around.

He saw Grian but..he looked tired and sick. His hair was slightly messy but looked like it had been combes through lightly. His wings definitely haven't been preened in a while.

What happened to his Grian?

Mumbo must have noticed Grian's messy and tired look because the man asked, "Are you okay Grian?"

-----

"Are you okay Grian?"

Grian nodded. He felt terrible at the moment but they didn't need to know that.

They both looked really worried..

He shook it off and faked a smile.

Wings.. Hurt..

He let out a whine and let his wings droop behind him.

Scar walked up to his side, a gently set his hand on his shoulder.

"Grian..you're hurting..can we help you I'm anyway?" The brunette asked gently.

Grian leaned against Scar and flapped his wings gently despite the pain.

"You're wings? Do you need help preening?" Scar asked, with worry I'm his voice.

Grian nodded. He didn't know if having the person you love but doesn't love you preen your wings was the best idea, but he needed them preened before it got too bad.

Grian sat on the ground and turned away from Scar, the brunette sitting behind him.

Mumbo sat in front of him and check Grian's head for a fever or something, Grian wasn't paying attention to him. He could feel gentle hands gently fixing his wings.

Soon it came to an end though. All three of them stood up and Grian stretched his wings, they felt so much better now.

"You alright now mate?" Mumbo asked, worry lacing his voice.

Grian nodded, he genuinely did! Well kind of, be still felt the pain in his lungs. But it would be fine..probably.

"What should we do now?" Scar asked, still slightly close to Grian.

Grian wanted to lean close to him but resisted. "Let's prank the other hermits!!!" The smaller said instead.

The other two laughed and agreed.

Maybe today wouldn't be so bad.

-----

I'm tired lol

By the way if you guys have ideas or suggestions, let me know!

Buh bye!!

-LunexIsLost