She was practically starving!

Although, she was forced to admit, this was still a much better position than the one she had found herself in, in the past.

Technically, as Angrboda was not a human, then the act of eating a human was not cannibalism, but that does not mean that Angrboda was not cannibalistic. Unfortunately, in the darkest pages of her history, even her children were not completely immune to her hunger, or anger, or both.

Yes, Angrboda loved her children, quite genuinely and with no small amount of obsession. She was ecstatic to rejoice in their successes, almost human in her mannerism. But, in the end, Angrboda was still not human. Her offsprings were so many and varied, that it was inherently impossible to make all her offsprings friendly with each other.

And Angrboda herself, after all, was a monster.

Eventually someone would die, and then get eaten, that was the law of the jungle. If you are the ancestor of the entire animal kingdom, you can't cry that one of your children, for example, a lion kills an antelope. You just accept the cruel rules of this world.

To live, means the death of another.

In the wild, mothers kill the runt of their litters, all for the sake of survival.

Alas, that's how cruel and beautiful natural selection is.

Of course, this does not mean that Angrboda felt nothing from it, and she did not cross the line unless by necessity or by pure chance. She was disgusted by the very idea of purposeful extermination of her own kind.

But death and life have always gone hand in hand.

And sometimes, even Angrboda herself had to stain her hands with the blood of her kin.

"But," her gaze shifted to the silhouettes of the city in the distance, "there's hardly anyone in this Singularity who would or could make her break her own vows."

But someone tasty, Angrboda licked her lips, anticipating her next meal, might exist here...

Cu Chulainn Alter sighed for the umpteenth time, glancing boredly at a distant dot on the ceiling. As usual, Medb was chirping something or other, not that he paid any attention to her, never realizing how uninterested he was in her, or more probably, ignoring it.

Still, Cu kept staring at the ceiling, as if trying to see in the high ceilings and whitewashed walls the signs of an impending battle.

Cu Chulainn Alter didn't need to eat, sleep, or anything like that, nor did he want to do anything other than battle. Which is why, he was bored out of his mind, so he spent his time lounging around, where the number of times he even moved could be counted on the fingers of one hand. And they would all, one way or another, boil down to his attempts to keep Medb away. Either roughly shoving her back to her seat or trying to drive her back into her own personal space every time she got some strange idea or another.

Even Cu Chulainn Alter's steely will would cease to protect his mind from the queen's encroachments if he doesn't make his boundaries clear. Mostly by annoying him enough to make him actually do something about Medb, though what he would do, he still doesn't know.

That is, if he even bothers to do anything.

To think that Cu Chulainn Alter was unreasonable would be wrong, Cu Chulainn Alter was in fact very reasonable, his desire for battle was simply the entire reason for his existence.

Colorful battle with the enemy or killing from ambush and from behind, enemy or ally, Servant or human, man or woman, child or old man, to kill or to die, Cu Chulainn Alter did not care about that.