ii. 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝟏𝟎𝟏

Start from the beginning

Lasy smiled, not being able to help but kick her legs a little as she rolled onto her stomach. "I'm wearing two different socks, some black shorts, and one of my Dads old school tee shirts."

"Are you home?" he asked curiously. "Your Dads not gonna get mad at you for talking, right?"

"No, he can't hear me." she lied to him. "What about your Dad?"

"I doubt it." Tyler shook his head even though he couldn't see her. "He's probably glad I made more friends. I haven't talk to many people after those other guys."

"Ah, yeah. Your mean phase." Lasy inhaled. She knew it all, Tyler told her so much. "They're missing out. You're the only person I really talk to too."

He really was. She had her friends, like Bianca, Enid, Xavier. And while she made light conversations, Tyler was really the only one she genuinely spoke to. Or, text. But, same difference. No one else knew her the way he did. "I mean, there's so much that goes on in my head that only you know."

"I know what you mean." he agreed with her. "I feel like you knew me better in the first week we started talking then people that have known me my entire life do."

"I guess it's easy to type it out." Lasy explained, chewing on the inside of her mouth some. "I think that's why so many people put their personal business all over social media. It's easier to do then say it out loud, but it still feels like you're getting it off your chest."

"No, I think it's just because you understand." Tyler shook his head, telling his side of things as Lasy listened. He sounded slightly different over the phone, she wondered if her regular voice did the same so she'd be able to get away with talking to him again without having to destroy her vocal cords. "I'm glad we decided to finally talk."

"Me too." Lasy smiled. Getting a coffee order was one thing, being able to hear him say the thing he said over text was a completely different thing.

"Still wish you'd at least show me what you look like so I can stop picturing you as just a star constellation like your profile pic." Lasys heart dropped as he laughed. "I bet you're pretty."

Lasy smiled as she pulled her knees up to her chest, leaning against them. "Maybe another time."

Tyler frowned. "At least tell me what color your eyes are."

"Brown. Really dark brown." she rubbed her hands against her legs as she hugged her knees harder, almost letting herself think it had been him.

"Okay." Tyler said back, she could still hear the smile. "I like brown eyes."

"I like blue eyes." she said back.

"How'd you know I have blue eyes?" her heart fell again, her eyes widening as panic set in.

"I don't." she quickly saved herself. "I'm just saying, I like them."

"Well, mine are." he feed into her lie, believing it.

"Okay." she quoted him. "I like blue eyes."

"I really wanna see you, Lasy." there was desperation in his tone, words he didn't think to say but simply couldn't help it. "You're like the only person I actually feel close to anymore, and you know me. Do you think i'd ju-"

She hung up. Tyler blinked. "Hello?"

He looked at his screen, finding it blank. The call had ended from her end.

"What's going on with you today?" Xavier asked Lacy as he stabbed her yet again during fencing. "That's the third time i've gotten you."

She shrugged her shoulders. Xavier rolled his eyes. "You're not gonna tell me?"