Precious Love

Youngjo Bonus Ending

It was getting to you more and more. Memories from the ball were appearing in your head in flashes, especially with the 3rd year anniversary of the curse breaking passing by. It was such a huge celebration with your friends and family. Creatures and humans united together in the village to rejoice. No creature was above or less than another anymore. Not only that, but humans were their equals as well. So much good came out of that night yet you weren't even thinking about the battle with the demon king. Instead, your mind had the habit of replaying everything that Youngjo told you that night.

Out of everything that occurred, it was that specific conversation that you couldn't get out of your mind. It drove you absolutely wild! What Youngjo said to you that night upset you for a number of reasons. How dare he break his own heart right in front of you? It crushed you in that moment and you didn't have time to process it with all the chaos breaking loose shortly after. After the curse was broken, the two of you cleared the air but you felt it wasn't enough. Youngjo promised to give you space and tried to live simply as your friend while you had to help your mother in piecing together a society that could function with creatures. It hasn't been easy for you to get on the subject with Youngjo again. One because you didn't know how and two because Youngjo seemed to purposefully avoid it.

Why was he doing this to you? Things were finally beginning to calm down and you were feeling clarity now as well. Your head was clear and you could begin to make sense of your emotions that night. It took a lot to piece it all together over the years. You're not sure when it happened, but Youngjo has always been there for you. He would gladly put his life on the line for you. According to him, his life started when he met you. He claimed all sorts of things about how you give him meaning and purpose by just including him in your life. Does he not realize how special he is to you? He was the friend you could lean on when you felt so alone. No matter what, Youngjo was there beside you even if he disagreed with your decisions. You were so grateful to him!

So whenever he said those things...you wanted him to know that it was mutual. You wanted him to know that you were in love with him. Maybe you weren't back then or didn't realize it, but your sweet raven is so much more to you. All the excuses you made in the past were losing their grip on you. How could you ignore the ache in your heart any longer? Despite originally being born as a raven, Youngjo was often living his life as a human now. He was growing comfortable with this new side of himself and enjoying it to the fullest. You wanted him to always be happy no matter what. You wanted to give him even just half of the joy he's given you. Youngjo was a miracle in your life and he's crazy for thinking otherwise.

"Youngjo, we need to talk." You approached the raven. He had his back turned to you, hopping around on his little legs as he spoke to two old dogs. They stared at him and yawned while he moved around a small pile of junk. Hearing your voice spooked him seeing as he jumped up in the air, his wings spread out wide until he realized it was you.

"(F/n)! When did you get here?" Youngjo tilted his head. "I'm just talking with some friends."

"Can you continue this later? I really need to speak to you...in your human form." You hoped he would get the memo that this was serious. Confessing your love to him while he was in his bird state was not ideal.

"Oh...okay." Youngjo thankfully listened. He flapped his wings as he flew upwards. A puff of smoke covered your sight of him and then quickly cleared up. Youngjo nervously stared at you, feeling more shy in his human form. He couldn't hide his expressions as well when he was like this. "Just don't eye my treasure pile too much, okay? I worked hard collecting all that..."

"That's okay..." You glanced at the junk he called treasure. He still adored shiny objects, but he needed to realize that you weren't going to steal them from him.

"So what is this about?" Youngjo rubbed his arm. "You're usually never picky about which form you speak to me in."

"I know, it's just...today is going to be serious." You shrugged. Youngjo nodded as he did his best to keep up. "It has to do with what you told me the night of the ball."

Right away, Youngjo's eyes widened. Neither of you have really referenced that conversation to each other. It was a sensitive subject. Admittedly, you were still heavy into the healing process and the conclusion you ended up with was one that needed time. The person you were back then wasn't ready for love again. They were in immense pain and only needed to have their friends by their side. That was all you needed back then. Now things were different and you could make new choices. You released a sigh as Youngjo avoided making eye contact with you.

"What...what about that night? I said everything I had to then." Youngjo practically mumbled towards the end.

"Yeah, well, things are different now. I have something to say about it." You crossed your arms. He was staring at the floor because he was stubborn. Youngjo had to know that you were too. Honestly, your heart was beating faster but you felt confident because it was him. He's seen you at your worst and at your best. The last thing you wanted was to hide your true feelings from him any longer. "Youngjo, you changed my life in the best way possible. I can never thank you enough or repay you...yet you come to me saying that you'll never be enough? In what world are you living on?"

"I...I only said what I felt." Youngjo glanced up at you, watching you step closer to him.

"You don't owe me anything for starters. But most importantly, don't you dare reject yourself like that for me." You huffed, pressing your finger into his chest. "Not when I absolutely adore you, okay? I love you. More than you will ever know! So...yeah!"

"...you love me?" Youngjo stared at you in disbelief. It came out quickly and not as romantic as you were hoping, but it was out there. You nodded just to see Youngjo stumble.

"Youngjo!!" You grabbed onto his arm to keep him standing. When you pulled him close, you were speechless to see he was already tearing up. "Why are you crying?"

"D-Do you actually mean it?" Youngjo squeezed your hand that held him. Youngjo was trembling from your words which made you want to stay confident in front of him. He needed to know that you meant every word of it. This must have felt like a dream to him after he's pined for you for so long.

"Of course I do...it took me a long time to get here, but I'm certain about it. I love you, Youngjo." You caressed the side of his face. The black haired man stared down at you lovingly. He sniffled and did his best to collect himself. Youngjo had been denying himself of feeling for you and to have you confess to him felt surreal. Three years passed yet his love only grew and was ready to burst through his chest. Containing it all that time was the most painful experience he had ever gone through. Yet now you were looking at him like this. Perhaps it was worth the wait. "No more crying, okay?"

"It's out of joy." Youngjo chuckled, quick to wipe them away. He was embarrassed you had to see that. The both of you couldn't stop smiling at each other. It was impossible not to tug the male down to kiss his lips. Youngjo didn't expect that whatsoever. He didn't move and was shocked as you giggled at him. "You kissed me...woah. Woah!!"

"I did." You found his reaction adorable. Youngjo was bouncing excitedly as he faced the two old dogs.

"Did you see that? Oh my god! (F/n), do it again!" Youngjo hurriedly leaned close to you with his eyes shut.

You had a feeling he would be doing this often. Though you didn't really mind if it was him. You would always find him cute and the way he was passionate about you made you want to shower him with more affection. Sure, the two of you would often bicker over the silliest things, but you never felt closer to anyone else in your life. Youngjo knew all your secrets and stood beside you when you had no one else. He was never just a raven to you. He understood you. That's something you'll never forget.

"Okay, okay." You grinned, happily wrapping your arms around his shoulders. You'll always love your precious raven.