Chapter 5: Dinner Party

Morgan Sinclair

My father and I have been sparring for the last hour. A little while ago he had one of Victorias servants retrieve from the armory in the bottom floor of her palace. I block each blow with only minor difficulty, I've never been all that good with swords. I'm okay at best, sparring with swords was a hobby we developed towards the end of my training with him. At least it was a hobby for me, for him not so much. "You're weak on your left side." He tells me, the two of us circling one another.

"I am not." I pant adjusting my grip on the sword.

"Are you telling me I'm wrong?" His naturally threatening eyes intensify.

He escalates the sparring, bringing it to a full on onslaught of attacks that I could only defend from. Before I could register what happened the sword plunges into the bottom left of my body. I grit my teeth together and grunt as the sword tears straight through my body. With my eyes closed, I take it all in- the sharp initial pain and the sting of the sides of the blade moving with every slight movement of his hand. Possibly the most excruciating part is my body trying to heal itself while the blade is still inside. He's keeping the sword in me this long for the sole purpose of making me feel that. Every layer of skin, every part of the organs he's punctured, along with muscle and fat trying to regenerate itself where the sword is. Pushing against it but unable to move the blade, making the sharp stinging sensation increase tenfold. I clench my teeth together and he finally rips the blade from body.

"See. Weak on the left side. Work on that." He turns away tossing the bloodied sword onto the ground.

"Yes, father." I breathe out, bowing my head to him. I check on my now perfectly healed wound. It's a shame I heal fast isn't it?

"I heard Jesse is dead now?" He questions with his hands together behind his back.

"Aligning myself with The Triad has grown to just be a thorn in my side." I set my sword down then walk over to the table housing the whiskey decanter and glasses to pour myself a drink. "They simply didn't understand the concept of letting sleeping dogs lie." In regard to demonic witches of all things.

"Are you replacing them?" He questions. He's weirdly not that big of a fan of the "peace" I have in my territory. Says I'm lowering myself to the level of lycan and witch. I think I'm truly ruling only over my people, I don't have to concern myself with the others because I know the people in charge will keep them in check. Our mutually beneficial relationships ensure a balance, except with Jesse's coven causing as many issues as they are.

"Of course I will. What The Triad did for me wasn't just contributing to general peace it was wildly lucrative. Once the others find out I'm getting rid of them they'll be practically trampling over each other to replace them." I say sipping the whiskey I poured for myself.

I've wanted to get rid of them for a little while now, since they've managed to drag some of my people into their bullshit but I've been focused on general damage control and now Ascension. Like me, the other covens and packs have developed a severe hatred of The Triad. They may have the numbers but the rest of them have the power. As soon as I tell all of them the good news they'll be more than excited.

"You haven't had them killed yet?"

"As soon as I return. I'd like to be involved." I personally am looking forward to ending the other two leaders of the coven.

"And what of the demonic witches? It's not that coven is it?"

"No it's not, they're long gone." Thank God. "Just a few sporadic ones. I get rid of Jesse and his coven- root out the problem of all of this, then they'll slink back into the shadows where they belong. If not, then I'll have to kill them as well."