34

"Sa tingin ko talaga it's long overdue." JD said to the table.

Today is one of those lunch huddles you have with your friends. And although Sugi already quit his job, he still joins. Jillian couldn't be here since she's currently at Boston with her family for Tricia's graduation.

The discussion at the moment is a "reunion" with the campaign surrogate team. Since Tricia is returning to the Philippines, the group chats were also revived. Someone suggested another huge brunch to also celebrate the physician's milestone.

The idea's not so bad, you kinda miss some of your old teammates as well, most especially Team Bunso.

"Truly, dasurb naman ni Dockie! Tsaka miss ko na rin 'yon. Kilala niya pa naman tayo, 'di ba?" Shein replied.

"Bakla, s'yempre namarn. Kinakausap pa rin naman namin 'yon, kahit matagal mag-reply si Doc." Aries reassured.

Sugi then clears his throat. "Speaking of reunion... Hindi po sana natin kalimutan na may gala tayo sa November."

Everyone rolled their eyes at Sugi. It's you who spoke for everyone. "Kuya Sugi, paano namin makakalimutan e every day ka nagre-remind?"

"Naku, kilala ko kasi kayo! May mga memory gap kayo." Sugi replied. "Pero serious kasi!"

"Seryoso naman kami ah? Tsaka libre mo namarn so hindi namin kakalimutan." You cheekily said, brows wiggling.

He ruffles your hair in return.

The November escapade Sugi planned for everyone is for his birthday. Of course, there's a bigger reason as to why he planned such a grand celebration. Sugi will finally propose to Aries, and the only person he confided in was you. He trusts Shein and JD with all his life but the two could be the biggest blabbermouths, so just to keep it safe, he didn't tell them. It's not like it's a huge secret as well. The couple have openly talked about it on the course of their long relationship, and they're legal with both families since the start, so there aren't any issues. Everyone knows Aries would definitely say yes, but Sugi is still anxious for his partner's answer, and hopes nothing would jinx it.

So far, Aries hasn't sniffed the big surprise. Or perhaps he's just good at acting nonchalant. There's really no way of telling.

"Nga pala, knows niyo naman na na kasama si Jill, 'di ba?" Sugi asked.

Everyone rolled their eyes again. Of course, everyone does.

You advised Sugi to stop giving it away with being so nervous and suspicious. He was never really good at keeping secrets despite being the most quiet person in the friend group. Everyone immediately knows something's bothering the man if he kept asking everyone the same questions, reminding everyone over and over again to the point of nagging, and being stressed out with the tiniest details.

But he's about to propose so no one can really blame him.

"Yes, and kasama rin sana si Miss Aika kaso may prior commitment." JD answered, a bit tiredly.

Sugi nodded and straightens out a nonexistent crease on his shirt.

Your phone vibrated on the table while the topic is now diverted to yet again Sugi's ever-changing itinerary for the trip. You checked the notification to see whose it from. Ah. You'll just reply later. Though before you could lay your device down, Shein, your nosiest friend, pressed the lock button to light your lockscreen up.

She gasped in amazement once she sees the person on your notif window. "Huy, textmates na ulit kayo ni J?"

You shrugged. "Oo, lumitaw na ulit ang kabute."