8

"Ayan, tagay pa, p're." JD scolds you as you sit on the dining table for breakfast.

"Magandang umaga rin sa 'yo, Jason." You deadpanned.

You look worse than you feel, you did limit yourself last night but you still drank a lot. The Y/N last night had an amazing time but the present Y/N is having the worst morning. You didn't have time to mix an ORS before bed because the collective strain from the long day caught up to you that you fell asleep right when your head hit the pillow. Luckily JD already prepared meds and Pocari Sweat for you on the bedside table in the morning. The feeling on your head decreased from extreme pounding to soft pulsating. You've had way worse hangovers than this, you'll survive.

"'Di ko na sasabihing 'hindi na ako uulit' kasi kasalanan din naman magsinungaling." You mumbled as you massage your temples.

JD laughed at your statement.

More footsteps approach the dining room and a chirpy 'good morning!' made you plant your face in your palms.

"Kaya pa, Y/N?" Stella laughingly asked you once she's seated.

You removed your hands from your face and propped it under your chin. "Yakang-yaka, Miss Stella. Malayo sa bituka," you huskily replied.

"Shot puno pa," Casey joked.

"Boom bading dasurv," Pau added to the banter.

"Sige, pagtulungan pa nga ang may hangover. Aware naman akong kagagawan ko 'to." You defended with an eye roll then closed your eyes to keep your temper in check.

A warm hand softly landed on your shoulder. "Okay ka lang?" Jill gently asked.

You turned to her and gave her a thumbs up. "Oks lang ako, Jing. Salamat. Buti ka pa mabait. 'Di gaya ng ibang mga epal dito." You spat.

"Oy, tinanong nga kita kung kaya mo pa?" Stella replied, a little offended.

"Exempted ka, Miss Stella." You told the older woman.

"Don't think na hindi pa rin kita papagalitan, Y/N. Mamaya ka sa 'kin." Jill said and went to her seat.

A harmony of 'ooh' and 'lagot' is heard at the table.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, exasperation bubbling in your gut. You challenged Jillian, "Bakit hindi mo pa gawin ngayon to get it out of your system?"

Another chorus of 'ooh' and 'hala sumagot' from the others. The tension in the air is slowly turning up.

Jill has a small, sickeningly sweet smile that didn't reach her eyes on her face. She calmly said, "I won't make patol for now kasi alam kong you're being cranky lang due to hangover."

You tutted. "Please. Don't me. I don't need to be nagged around like some child. Like I said, aware naman ako sa kalokohan ko."

You know you're being too emotional right now and not thinking clearly, but gosh, you just can't help the irritation. You made a light situation heavy. It's not meant to get to this point. You knew you didn't make the best decision last night, you knew, but you didn't need them to rub it on your face. You hate being wrong, you especially hate admitting you're wrong, but you most especially loathe being reminded or told that you're wrong. And you don't know why it's Jillian who's making you furious this morning.

Gosh, you have to apologize. You're not you at the moment.

But not now, maybe later when you're more sober and less prideful.

"Then why are you acting like one right now?" Jillian replied, irritation lacing her voice as well.

"Oh, oh, stop na 'yan! Baka mag-away pa kayo! Naku, umagang-umaga!" Stella mediated the two of you.