To a Kaitou KID from a detective

Shinichi wasn't very surprised to find Kaito at her house when she got home, his head buried deep in her fridge as he raided her kitchen. She let out a tired sigh when he noticed her and went upstairs. She needed a bath. Kaito didn't stop her. He only laughed at the colorful gunk that trailed behind her. Then he had remembered he had been in the same condition until he bathed. It had taken awhile for Tantei-Chan to get home.

He didn't think of it anymore when he found a piece of cake in the fridge. He grinned and got a fork. Shinchi however, was very glad to shed the child facade as she relaxed and had a nice bath. Life, she decided, was way too much for her 7 year old body to take on.

"Tantei-Chan?" Kaito's voice came from the other side of the door. Shinichi sighed and drained the bath, dried her hair, and changed her clothes. Kaito however, had not received a reply, so he knocked and called out again.

"Coming." Conan voiced out loudly, running the towel through her hair one last time as she placed her glasses on. She walked slowly to the door, taking her sweet time and frustrating the thief on the other side to no end. She was mentally exhausted from the heist and wasn't quite sure where Kaito got his energy from. Maybe she should ask later.. Not right now. Right now she's taking a nap. Thankfully Ran thinks she's at Hakase Agasa's house. Its not a total lie since she's right next door.

"You look," Kaito started, taking in the appearance of the small shrunken teen. "Tired."

"Exhausted." She corrected the thief. She could live with merely tired. But she wasn't just tired, she was exhausted in both mental and physical aspects. "Also, did you have to glue me to a feather trap? That was really hard to wash off." She added as an afterthought, fingering the lingering feathers in her hair. Kaito laughed.

"Of course I did." He replied with a slightly mischievous smile. "Especially when gooed me and then hardened it with water. I was lucky you didn't get that stuff on my cape. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to hang glide my way over here."

"Perhaps that was my intention?" She mocked in a question and Kaito pouted like the child Shinichi was supposed to be.

"So cruel Tantei-chan. I even came here to see you after a day of hard work." He chided and the small-not-child sighed and rubbed her eyes sleepily. Kaito chuckled before picking the young detective up and carrying her to her respected bedroom. The girl didn't protest and instead let out a cute yawn with the thief found absolutely adorable.

Shinichi had fallen asleep rather easily so the thief busied himself with exploring. And it didn't let him down. Not if the adrenaline rush and cold dark passages in the house led to that conclusion. He began to wonder, after the excitement wore down, why the Kudo manor would have such secret passageways. There was even one that led to the professors house's basement!

It had been amusing at first, when he stumbled onto the basement passage and he watched a certain shrunken scientist at work. Haibara (A.K.A Mad Scientist according to a certain shrunken detective) was typing away on her computer, completely unaware of the world around her and the thief's spying. It had become un-funny when she did notice something. Perhaps his gaze, he mused later on as her though back to when she pulled a gun out and pointed it is the walls direction. The wall he was securely hid behind.

He of course made a steady retreat back into the tunnels leading to the Kudo house and somehow made it into the library. Now this room, he liked. It felt so lived in. So alive. He chuckled at the worn 'Sign of four' resting on the couch. It was obvious Tantei-chan was re-reading it. One day he'd ask her what appealed her in that book. As he went to get a closer look at the battered Sherlock Holmes book, something shiny caught his eye.

A small box wrapped in silver on the desk surprised him as he found it was addressed to him. On top was a note much like his heist cards. In neat calligraphy it read; "To the Kaitou from the detective~ I thank you for the heist as a well needed distraction. Sincerely Kudo Shinichi - *magnifying glass pic*.

He laughed when he opened the box to find a silver clover charm. It was the perfect gift he decided and beamed brightly. A little 'Oh' sounded and Kaito turned to find Conan standing in the doorway rubbing her eyes.

"I see you found my gift." She said, eyeing him to determine dislike or like from her choice in the present. Kaito beamed and she smiled warmly. It baffled her when she finally realised just how close Kaito was becoming to her in such a short amount of time.

"Thank you!" Kaito gushed as he clipped the charm to a loop around his jeans so it wouldn't get lost. Shinichi smiled at the thief again as she plopped herself down on the couch and grabbed her book. The moonlight magician plopped down beside her in a happy daze. It wasn't everyday someone gave him a gift. He was usually the one handing out roses. Speaking of roses, he made a blue one appear and held it out to the girl. "This is for you."

She eyed it curiously with a tilt of her head before putting the book down on her lap to hold the rose. She twirled it in her fingers and smiled. It was the color of her eyes. Was it intentional? She muttered a soft thank you and the thief ruffled her Kaito-like hair. She shied away from the hand in dislike at the affection even though she kinda liked it. Not that she was ever going to admit to it.

"So what now Tantei-chan?" KID asked gently. He had stalled enough time by preparing a heist. It was now completely up to the little meitantei to figure out what to do in the meantime.

"I suppose we just wait. As a pass by for time, we can always train." She suggested with a light shrug and very well concealed smirk.

"Train?" The thief questioned innocently. He regretfully missed the evil gleam in the detective's eyes.

"Oh yes," She muttered in a sweet tone. "Training."

For the next couple of days, Kaito was Shinichi's moving target for ball practice. On the bright side, the thief contemplated since he was always the optimistic in the group, he learned how to dodge. Well, mostly. On the bad side, his mind grudgingly reminded him. His body was littered in bruises and every time he glared at the little tantei responsible, she'd always give him that innocent tilt of the head and a mask of confusion.

But he saw it. He very much noticed it and shuttered. That gleam. That oh so KID like gleam of pure mischief and promised chaos. He was starting to wonder if his sense of mayhem was rubbing of on her.