Side effects and KID meets Vermouth

The next morning, Shinichi awoke to the full blown effects of the temporary antidote. She had completely neglected the thoughts of the repercussions as she tried to talk to KID yesterday. She should have remembered Haibara's warning. She was exhausted physically and emotionally, the pain in her chest was becoming almost unbearable. The only comfort she could seem to find was the sweet smell of breakfast. Of course KID would. It was kinda sweet, she admitted.

As much as she wanted to eat, she wouldn't let him see her like this. She was pretty sure she looked like a wreck. Her messy Kaito hair was even messier and it actually looked cute, she decided she wouldn't need to brush it. So instead she, just took a quick shower and changed into some of her Conan clothes she kept at the house. Hopefully the stupid thief won't notice her pain. He always made a fuss about everything. The next thing Shinichi would know, she'd be in a hospital.

She shuddered at the thought. Hospitals. The place that keeps people against their will. It smells of antiseptics and death. An awkward combination, mind you. Not to mention, the food's always terrible! And there are many more things Shinichi is likely to name to her growing hatred of hospitals. And if you asked, she was not exaggerating. You'd be surprised at how many people get murdered there.

"Tantei-Chan~" Kaito sang as he barged into her room. He acted as if he owned the place. "I made breakfast~" The detective scoffed. How could anyone be such a morning person? That's it. She needed coffee. And so she rushed passed the happy-go-lucky phantom thief and to the machine she thought was invented by heaven. The thief followed after and grimaced at her totally black coffee. "You do know that stuff is bad for children bodies."

"Well, thankfully I don't plan on being stuck in one." She hissed, glaring at the slightly guilty Kaito. She really hated it when people reminded her of her 'condition' and the limits that came with it. The do and the don't. She had already been over this with a certain shrunken scientist, she didn't need to add an obnoxious thief to the list.

"Sorry." Kaito muttered sheepishly and Shinichi had to repress a wince when pain shot through her protesting body. She really needed to learn how to not over exert herself. It was very problematic. Kaito narrowed his eyes sceptically as he caught sight of the very well suppressed wince. But Kaito was a master at masks, so of course he noticed. He wouldn't say anything though, the young detective would immediately deny it, but he would keep a closer eye on her.

Conan- or Shinichi, -It didn't matter because they were technically the same person- didn't notice Kuroba's skeptical gaze as she happily drank her coffee and proceeded onto breakfast. Kaito followed suit, minus the coffee. He never liked bitter things.

Soon the long expected ding came from Shinichi's private phone. The unknown number meant it was probably Vermouth, seeing as she disposed of her other phone by now. Never leave a track, Shinichi mused, glancing over the message. It was indeed Vermouth, who else call's her Silver bullet-Chan? She rolled her eyes. Such stupid nicknames were given to her.

Kaito peered over the detective's shoulder as curiosity got the best of him.

"Meet me at the bell tree tower when am turns into pm. Till then, Silver bullet-Chan~" He read with an eyebrow raised. Conan jumped, startled by his sudden appearance. "Silver bullet-Chan? Who calls you that?" He asked. He thought the name sounded a bit unnerving.