Chapter 45: The Hidden Truth

There was once a woman forced to marry someone who was destined for her since she was born, but she despised it to heart and covered her heart even to their marriage, she never let him touch her, not a single strand of hair, not a single kiss on the hand.

All was because she sinfully loved a man, A Grand Prince of Gentleness. A man who loves her as much, a man that never falters, always making her feel aloft and free. But her dream faded as soon as an emerald ring slid in her finger, her shine and hope died as soon as she sat on a golden throne.

As the time goes by, her pain slowly eases, she gradually opens her arms to her husband, but only as a friend and not a partner. She is still hoping that one day when her past comes back, his love was as deep as it was, and she is willing to run away with him, if asked.

But the Grand Prince came after four years of hoping, with the news that he already had a woman in his heart, and later, was to marry in the sacred matrimony.

Someone unfit for his heart, someone that was achieved by another man, divorcée and tainted. She hated the woman for seducing her Grand Prince, but she couldn't do anything about it, about them, breaking up.

But one day, she was put to question and woke up one time with a sore body and core. She her husband in a different look, after the flashback of their hot night came back to her senses.

A kiss in the lips, awakened her.

"I wish you could say you love me too, Ji Eunah,"

She tensed, not knowing why all of the sudden she liked his touch, it doesn't feel right.

She should be loving Jungkook and Jungkook only until her death. She promised herself to never look for another, because the love she received from him was so perfect.

And to feel uncertain untoward shouldn't be hesitated. So, she refused to believe that her feelings are changing.

Until she ran away from the wedding of her Prince, and found herself with nothing to feel.

Nothing, like the darkness of the night.

Empty, like a lifeless doll.

And it doesn't feel right.

She should be in love with him, but nothing left in her heart, she felt nulled. She was tearing but there wasn't a leap or pound, as she witness them, listen to their vow for eternal love.

She was petrified as she asked herself while looking at the newly wed, entering the car to their honeymoon.

Why did she become neutral?

Why can't she feel the anger? The pain? Why?

Why?

Why?!

Why can't she feel anything?!

She should be exploding from envious, jealousy, and anger!

Why after everything she witnessed, she couldn't feel the same pain?!

"Ji Eun..."

"Do you still love Jungkook?"

She looked at the person that changed her, asking her the thing that kept questioning herself and her feelings toward this man. The same reason why she's afraid of what happen next in her life, because she wasn't being herself, for not having a single pound of a heart to her Grand Prince.