Chapter 20: Unkindness

Gloom paints the clouds in gray, covered the beautiful blue sky and the warm rays of the sun, rumbling thunder and lightning everyday, as the summer season goes deep, humid scorched the city in the morning even if the rain pours rough, and at night was chilly as the rain wasn't nowhere stopping.

It has been that depressing for three days in the Kingdom of Korea and it worries their King, he knew water levels of the rivers and other system could burst out with that intensity of rain. He called on the minister of the urbanization and water system of Korea to fully understand what are the possible affects of the continues rain.

Seoul may have had a good sewages system but any cities who've experience heavy rain for many days would aggravates an urban flooding in many parts. And it is already happening in some part of Seoul.

"The average annual precipitation of Seoul over the past 50 years amounts to 1,429.5 mm, this average has increased in the past 10 years by 184.2 mm over the first 10 years of record.. from 1,498.4 mm in 2000 to 2010 to 1,613.7 mm in 2011 to 2021,"

"In addition, while the average number of days with at least 80 mm rainfall and the high potential incident rate of 3 days, the ten-year average over all decades showed an increase of 0.7 days.."

"Therefore there is a possible increase in flood damage to 3.9 days.. which mean if the rain continues for next days, Your Majesty, we will be experiencing a much damage because of the rapid growth of urbanization in the capital,"

Jungkook, his Royal Advisor, and the minister of Agriculture and Urbanization, Mr. Kang— also an aristocrat, are in meeting for the possible prevention of flooding in Seoul.

"Is there any chance that we can do something with the current flooding, I've seen many viral videos online that some part of Seoul are already knee high," Jungkook asked, hopeful for some remedy.

"Unfortunately we cannot do anything for current flooding, Your Majesty," Mr. Kang paused, "But we do however can propose a better sewage project or a small reservoir near Han river,"

"A sewage project? A new sewage or reservoir project?" Jungkook asked, Mr. Kang nodded.

"Yes, Your Majesty," "We may have a smart sewage system today, but as our country grows economically; there will be buildings, businesses, and people accompanied with it through the year," Mr. Kang said.

"Shouldn't parliament be the one to project this? The government is the one who make rules, I am just the one to supervise it," Mr Kang said.

"But you are the King, Your Majesty," "You have the authority to propose, you are the sovereign," Mr Kang differs.

"Yes, and those who are elected as officer of the public does not listen to the sovereign, they simply put it into consideration but it doesn't mean they listen, many Kings have tried but failed, even I as a Grand Prince once tried to debate a preposition to medical mission but failed to have their support for funds, I merely uses my allowances and business profit for that," Jungkook explained.

"But if it is for the betterment of the people they should, General Han and Lieutenant Jeong must hear this Your Majesty, "Otherwise what is the use of being elected if they couldn't bring your good proposal to use?" Mr Kang stood up on his seat and lower his head with greatest respect.

"Exactly my point," Jungkook nodded, "but you as one of the members knew General Han,"

"I beg of you, Your Majesty," "We've tried our best to present this problem to the parliament but up until now we didn't get any response," "You are the only one who have addressed to this problem to solve the continuing damage every year," "Your Majesty is the King, they are obligated to listen to whatever you want," "We are in the midst of global warming, if this follows, many town in this very city will be drowned in the nearest future," Mr. Kang added before standing up.