The Edge of Tonight

"Spent my whole damn life trying to get things right. And for every one of my mistakes you gave me all these chances."

I ended up having a long talk with my mom and Mark. And I mean a REALLY long talk. Of course they were upset that I didn't get into my dream school. I didn't get into much detail about my breakup with Riley. All I said is that we just 'grew apart'. I didn't even mention my fight with Adri. I did mention wanting to go to LA this weekend, just to get away and clear my head. At first they thought I was kidding, but after I talked more about it, they knew I wasn't. My mom was pretty iffy about the whole idea and wanted me to just wait until spring break. but spring break wasn't for another month. As for Mark, he was up for me to take the trip. Something about taking adventures when you're young or something like that. Mark was always the cool one. After Mark gave his approval, my mom caved. On the condition that I stay in a hotel and not at Johnnie's. She knew there's nothing going on between us. And even though she did like Johnnie and all, in her words 'he's still a guy.' So I'll be staying in a hotel close CalArts so I can check out the school like I said I was. I was going to get in touch with Blake so we can both check out the school. It's just to check out though. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to go to CalArts or not, but it's an option. All I really want to do is just clear my head and not think about my future for just this weekend. After our talk, I went back to my room and got on Skype. This trip was happening and I needed to get in contact with some friends.

"SKYE!" Seth appears on my screen. "How goes it?"

"Hey Seth. Where's Nathan?"

"Over here!" Nathan appears from behind Seth. "Skye it's been so long! What's up!"

"Yeah sorry for not keeping in touch in a while. Just had a lot going on."

"Hold that thought Skye." Seth interrupts. "Blake's online. Let me get her on"

Soon Blake appears and the biggest smile spreads across my face. It's so good to see my friends even if it's through a screen.

"Party's here!" Blake waves to us. "What is up with you Skye!"

"She was just going to get into detail about her lovely life." Nathan says. "You were saying?"

"Well." I start. "It hasn't been so lovely. To make a long story short, everything I had planned out has gone to shit."

They're all quiet, listening to everything I have to say.

"I-I didn't get in Pratt. I'm not going to New York with Riley cause...we broke up. Well, he's been cheating on me...with the cheerleader."

"Fucking typical." Seth interrupts. "Leave it to the star player to be fucking around with the skank cheerleader."

"Seth!" Nathan smacks his shoulder.

"It's cool Nate." I say. "He said he was paranoid that I was going to cheat on him first because of my so called past. And well he's an ass for ever thinking that."

"He is. I mean who would you even cheat on him with? Why would he even think you would do that?" Nathan's comment catches me off guard.

"Ummm....."

"Skye! Did you not tell them?" Blake interjects.

"Tell us what?" Seth and Nathan say in unison.

"That...someone is back in the picture?" The only person that I told about Johnnie and everything going on was Blake. Didn't think he'd be around for so long for me to mention it to Seth and Nathan.