My forehead throbbed at the annoying kid down the street. If his mother didn't watch our youngest two one day a week, then I wouldn't have entertained their two-year-old terror who made Peyton's escape antics look angelic.

That was our life, juggling one kid's event against making the bus pickup and homework and runny noses and never-ending piles of dirty dishes and laundry.

And I wouldn't trade a second of it for the world.

"One day at a time..." Damian smiled at our care basket efforts, especially the dubbed over notes about his upcoming lack of swimmers. His spine stiffened. "Wait. Why is it so quiet?"

"Good silence." I patted his chest and rubbed my hands over his taut muscles. "Your mom took them tonight."

Between our brood of six and Emma's three kids, Esther was the happiest Memaw in the tri-state area. Our family's superpower was the ability to produce recycling and dirty laundry in a finger snap, but she smeared hugs and kisses over our kids at every greeting and parting. Holidays were insane, full of laughs, hugs, tears, and love.

So, so much love.

I thought I knew love when Damian and I got married but underestimated it. The moment Alex was placed on my chest, tiny, screaming, and gooey, my heart swelled bigger. The holes left by my parents' loss remained, but my heart grew and grew with each new family addition.

Four kids, two dogs, and three chickens... crazy.

Emma and Chris stayed in New Jersey, moving a bit further out into the Fort Lee suburb for more family space. He, along with Jason, transferred to Hoboken's Fire Department. Jason's FDNY firefighter transfer request was declined but, with Chris' referral, Hoboken happily took him. Being further away and tied up by our families, Damian and Jason didn't see each other as much as I hoped, so I made a note to schedule our next holiday get together.

Celia and Jason's second baby, JJ for Jason Jr., arrived sooner than both expected. She managed to still work medical billing in between the chaos that came along with Mommyhood.

I should know... And I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

The sanest of all of us, Adam and Vaughn adopted a beautiful princess, Isabela. She had more sass than Adam exerted over his entire life and both men wrapped around her pinky fingers. They stayed on the Upper East Side, above Vaughn's successful studio. More of his days were spent taking family pictures than fashion shoots but his business boomed upon opening.

Damian and I did in fact move to New Rochelle, north of the city, but not for working at Nick and Liz's rescue. Their business exploded, to the point where they hired full-time staffers. After old doggie age took Bullet from us, we adopted both our rescued shepherds from Nick and Liz. I balanced my sleepless time between working part-time at a local vet's office and at home. It was much, much quieter than the Animal Hospital but fulfilled my need for a partial break from our loud, crazy, messy family.

"So..." Damian's hands cupped around my ass, squeezing my hips into his growing hardness. Warm pulses erupted in my mound. "We're alone?"

"Damian!" I scolded him as his towel hit the floor. "Your vasectomy is tomorrow."

The corners of his lips, ones I would never get tired of kissing, curled up. "Then get your ass on that bed because I'm going to fuck you until you need those frozen peas."

Dots of gray crept into his hairline around his ears. A few more worry lines creased the corners of his eyes, but age looked good on Damian. His cupcakes weren't the reason the PTA ladies swooned when he attended meetings.