Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen!!!

•Marcus•

Sitting in meetings are super boring, especially with my farther. We've been only been here for about twenty minutes and I've zoned in and out of the conversation fifty times to many. All I can think about was her and that ring from three hours ago. Where'd she get it from? How'd she get it? Why'd she get it for? Did she plan the whole thing? Could she?

"... So, son. What's your first move?" The king asked, adding another question to the pile in my head. I just gave him a 'what?' Look and he sighed. "Son. What's wrong?" He asked as he leant forwards on his desk in his normal-ish sized office that was covered in blues and deep purples.

"What makes you ask that dad?" I asked him, trying to look focused into the conversation that had just happen though I had no idea what he had said except from the begging when he asked to speak with me about the competition that's happening in two days. I still had no idea what I was planning and I had been planning this competition for nearly over a month.

"Well, your paler then usual and the fact that your iris has changed colour and your pupils have gone into really small circles." Wow. I never knew how observant my dad is, especially of me.

"It's nothing to threat about" I told him, only for him to raise an eyebrow at me in questioning. Just like how Nicki usually did whenever she didn't get something. That thought alone made me sigh in frustration. "Honest" I reinsured him before getting out of my chair and started to pace. It usually helps me figure things out.

What could I do? Or make them do? Get them to play football or basketball to see strength and capability? No, they'll complain about doing that first plus i'll wait a while before doing that idea. Maybe a talent show? To see what they think of doing and to see their creative structures. Nope, they'll all either dance or sing. I wonder what a certain brown head would do in that. No! Quit thinking of her! Maybe give them tasks and see if they can handle them? Yeah... That sounds perfect and reasonable. But then I could give them a survival task to see if they could survive a few nights only with a few items to see if they can make do with their given items. Yeah...that sounds better.

I ran a hand through my hair, thinking of what items I should give to each of the ladies. My thinking didn't go very far because I got interrupted by my dad. He went over to the door and opened it. I guess the door had went then and I just didn't hear it whilst lost in thoughts.

"... Lunch is about to be served, your highness" I heard Cameron, one of the waiters, tell my dad. I walked closer toward the door and stood next to my dad and watched Cameron leave. I sighed a looked at my dad as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Would you like to go and gather up the ladies or shall I send up the maids to do it instead?" He asked as he took his hand off my shoulder.

"Get the maids to fetch them. I want to see what we're having to eat and I want to arrange the seats." I told him before walking away towards the dining room, leaving my dad behind to sort out the ladies.

Once I walked into the dining room, I could smell beef. That was the strongest smell in the room. I walked over to stand behind my chair and took a look around the table. Hmm... Where do I want everyone to sit? I asked myself before I walked around the table, looking on the back of the chairs at the names where they already were placed. I picked up Olivia's chair and swapped it for Chantelle's and so on. The only one I left on its own was Nicki's and that was because I liked where she was sat since I can see her perfectly.

As soon as I had finished with the last two chairs, everyone, being the ladies, were filling the room, looking at me with dreamy eyes. Weird...

"Okay. I have moved your seats around. So you will have to try and find them. Once you do, sit down and i will tell you what your first step in the competition is. But first, has everyone received their uniform?" The room broke out with a chorus of yes's and everyone nodded their heads, making me feel as though I was in a room completely filled with bobble heads.

I stood behind my hair, waiting for everyone else to sit down. I watched as everyone made their way to their seat and sit down. There was once seat left alone and one person I haven't see since this morning. Nicki. I looked over towards Kimberly, one of the maids, to see that she had a frown on her face. I waited five more minutes before saying a word or even sitting down.

"Has anyone seen Ms Lounder?" I asked to see everyone look at me to say 'why do you care about her for'?' From all the ladies and all the maids shook their heads to say 'no master, we haven't'. Just when I was about to sit down, Kevin walked in, looking as though he was about to cry.

"Marcus?" He asked as he looked at Nicki's chair, that was still empty.

"Yes, Kevin? Is there something wrong?' I asked although I already knew the answer to it. I just needed someone else to either say no or say yes and clarify that I was right.

"S.. She's gone and its all my fault" he said before turning around and leaving the room. I didn't see the need to ask who since I already figured that out on my own.

"Kevin!?" I shouted just before he left the room. He turned around and looked at me, dead in the eye.

"Yes?" He barely made out as a whisper.

"It's not your fault. If anything it's mine for bringing the both of you here" I told him before letting him go out the room.

"What do you mean she's gone!?" I heard Sam scream, pounding her hands on the table. Oh yeah, did I tell you that I put her near Nicki? No, well I did. I'm starting to regret it too. Just then Claire and Amelia waltzed into the room with huge smiles on their faces with their mates behind them.

"What's with the shouting?" One of them asked, looking at Samantha since they obviously knew it was her shouting.

"her father just came in here announcing that she's gone!" Sam shouted at them full of rage, making the pair jump a little then they had a pained and angry look on their faces.

"She's what!?" They shouted together, running over towards Sam, making their mates growl. "Oh shit up!" They told them as they hugged Samantha.

"We have to find her before she gets in manger trouble." Sam told them. "Again" I heard her add. What again? How many times as she ran off and gotten into trouble? They left the room in a rush, leaving me on my own to figure out what's happening and what's going to happen. Also they've left me alone with these women who are really annoying. I sighed, sat down and started eating, felling everyone's gaze upon myself.

What now?