Chapter 14

Chapter fourteen!!!

Whilst I was in dream land, I saw a yellow flowered meadow that looks oddly familiar to me, as though I've been here hundreds of times, but I haven't. As I looked around, I saw that there was a patch of trees to my left and a pond to my right. I looked up to the sky and saw that it was covered in dark clouds, telling me that they were soon to start letting water fall as though it was ringing themselves out like tablecloths and a kitchen towel. I brought my head back down to the ground as I heard high pitched laughing.

"S..s..stop it!!!" I heard someone squeal. I started spinning around as though I was playing dizzy doctors, allowing my gaze to search the area in the reach of fifteen meters around me, trying to find the source of the squealing and laughing, but had no luck.

"I don't think so" I heard a young male chimed, making it easier to follow. I took my steps slowly heading towards the trees, crushing the flowers bellow my feet as I went. I courteously taken my steps just incase anyone could hear me because there was twigs and branches dotted over the meadow.

"L..let me u..up!" I heard another squeal. I made my way around the outline of the trees. I saw a little girl, she had to be about eight, seven the least, with a boy that probably wasn't much older then the girl herself, maybe ten or eleven.

"Okay princess" he replied, moving backwards whilst holding his hand out for her to take. I guess she had other ideas though because she grabbed his hand and pulled him down and she pulled herself up. Laughing, she started jumping over his back, singing something that sounded as though it belonged off Barney, you probably won't know the kids show.

"I've got you, you've got me.

We're the bestest friends that should be...

A royal and a knight, prince and toad.

We'll be together for ever and ever"

She laughed when she finished. To be honest, that sounded very weird. It doesn't even make sense. But that wasn't the weirdest part, the next verse was. It sounded as though its from the movie Greece and I hate that movie.

"When we're together,

We're together forever.

We're two peas in a pod,

And we should never be apart.

The others are jealous,

of our closeness.

We're stuck together with glue,

That's what makes us the two!"

The boy sang as he tried to pride himself of the grass.

"The others are jealous,

Because of our closeness.

They need to go away,

So we can play all day!"

She continued to sing. I have got to admit, it's really catchy though its not very good. She started spinning around with her arms out wide, letting her friend get himself up off the ground. When he did, his white dinner shirt was grass stained and his trousers had wet patches on his knees. He snuck over towards the littles girl, who's eyes were shut, and quickly put his arms around her waist, lifting her up off the ground and span her around, making her scream.

That's when the sky grew darker, and the rain started pouring itself down on us. The boy placed the girl on the ground and the two kids ran off hand in hand. I just stood there, letting the rain poor on me as though it was a shower. I ended up collapsing on the ground because my legs couldn't bare to keep me up. I felt something sharp press in my back, making me uncomfortable. I moved slightly onto my side and used my last bit of energy in my arms. I picked up the sharp object and brought it into my eyesight as I lay back onto my back. I found myself looking at a ring that had the bad name in bold letters. I started crying just looking at the object i held it to my chest as I continued crying. My eyes had closed as I continued to let the rain fall on me and I let myself cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*•*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shot up, my breathing rushed and I had no doubt that my heart wasn't beating 275 beats per hour. Why? Just why? Why did the ring have that name on it? Just why? Why... Why was I in bed, sandwiched between two quilts and only wearing a towel? When did I get out of the bath? How did I get out the bath? How'd I get in bed? Unless it was...

"You okay sweet cheeks?" I heard Marcus ask from the end of the bed, on a chair I didn't even know was in this room, causing myself to jump, clinching the towel around me, feeling the same sharp object in my palm, cutting into my hand.

"Err... I, er. I think so. How long you been sitting there for? And why'd you take me out the bath?" I asked, blushing a little after figuring out that he'd actually seen me in nothing at all. My actions made him chuckle.

"I've even here since I cleaned up the mess off the floor, which was a few hours ago. I also took you out the bath because I heard a splash and you fell under the water. I did the only thing I could think of doing so I got you out and put you in bed." He explained to me as he got up out of his chair, walking towards a table that had a silver tray on it. He picked it up and brought it over to the bed. "I got you some food after I had placed you in the bed, not sure when you was going to wake up." He continued as he placed it next to me.

He took the lid off of the food and I saw a plate that contained of sandwiches, porkpies, sausage rolls, fruit and potato salad. Yummm. I just stared at it before looking up from the plate to the person in front of me; who just happened to be ok sing a fork in his hand that held some potato salad, ready to put in my mouth when I opened it. I guess I'm getting fed by him then, though I'd prefer feeding myself, but I didn't have much time to argue against it since my stomach already bet me to it. It rumbled, sounding as though it was a lion ready to eat.

Marcus just laughed and pushed the fork into my lips, priding them open enough for the food to fit in, making me forget about the ring in my hand as it was still in the hand that was still pressed up against the towel, over my chest.