Chapter 15: Reunion

Back at Seventh Heaven in the morning, Cloud enters inside the bar to collect his pay. Walking inside, he sees Weiss by herself talking to Tifa about Mistral while Barret was taking care of Marlene. 

Tifa: So... that's what you think is going on? 

Weiss: I'm hoping to see my sister there and warn her of what could happen... Yeah. 

Tifa: ... *closes fists* Well, I'm coming too. 

Weiss: .. Are you sure you can hold your own?

Tifa: You haven't seen me, but I can hold out on my own. 

Weiss: Hm... Cloud, you hear that? Looks like she'll be coming with us to Mistral. 

Cloud: Are you even sure about this, Tifa? This isn't Beacon. 

Tifa: I'll be fine, and you'll need my help more then ever. 

Weiss: ... It would surely be nice to see my friends again... if they're there too. 

Cloud: They will be there. When are we leaving?

Tifa: Well, we're about ready. What about you?

Cloud: Once I get my pay, I'll tag along. 

Tifa: Oh yeah.... Barret?

Barret: Tch, cocky little bastard. Take the pay!

He then tosses the bag of the exact cut of lien to Cloud as he catches it.

Cloud: *sighs* I'll wait outside. 

He then walks out of the bar as Weiss looks over towards Tifa. 

Weiss: How long was he like this? 

Tifa: ... *sigh* .. Ever since the Fall of Beacon, he's been devastated from Zack's death. He never mentions his name and tries to continue on. But even underneath his stoic self, he feels as if he failed to save his best friend. 

Weiss: ... I see. What about the others? Vara and... Sephiroth?

Tifa: Well, for Vara... I don't know where he is, but for Sephiroth... he too was killed. Why don't we keep this between us? I don't want Cloud to feel sensitive about it. 

Weiss: Right. 

By now, Tifa and Weiss walk out of the bar as they join up with Cloud. The three all walked towards the train that lead to Seventh Heaven to Haven. Entering inside, the three all relaxed as they departed towards Mistral. Close to Haven, Vara and Yang stop at a nearby gas station to refuel the motorcycle. 

While refilling, Vara decides to ask the questions towards Yang. 

Vara: So, what have you've been doing all this time?

Yang: Been at home, training with Dad. Ruby went with Jaune, Nora, and Ren towards Mistral ahead of me. They should be there by now with Uncle Qrow. 

Vara: ... What about Weiss, Blake, and Pyrrha?

Yang: ... Weiss... went back home to Atlas. And I don't know if we'll see her again, since her and her father have some issues with each other. Blake told me that she was heading back home too, and for Pyrrha... she left. 

Vara: What do you mean by left?

Yang: Do you know of the power of the Maidens? 

Vara: ... Only a little. Why?

Yang: Well, ever since Ozpin as killed, she thought that if she left and completely went off the grid, then alot of enemies would keep off her. 

Vara: ... Can't imagine what Jaune had to go through with that.