Chapter 2: Initiation

Morning rolls as the sun was now blaring into the windows. Vara was still deep asleep as Zack wakes up first. 

Zack: *yawns* ... Seems everyone's up... 

He then looks over to Vara as he was still asleep, and for Cloud, sleeping as well. 

Zack: Well, I guess not all of us. Rise and shine, boys! Up and at em. 

Both Cloud and Vara wake up from their sleep as they both get up and started stretching. After some breakfast, the three were now in the locker rooms, picking up their swords and holstering them on their backs. While also hearing Ruby and Yang talking about the two who just left, Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. 

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Yang: Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking. 

Ruby then starts to hug Crescent Rose.

Yang: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: *sighs* You sound like Dad! Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

Ruby: Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or something...

Yang: Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?

Ruby: My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?

Yang: What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!

Ruby: What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-

Jaune: Ridiculous! *walks pass the two girls* There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?

As Jaune passes by the three boys and pass Weiss and another student, Pyrrha Nikos, Zack looks over at Vara and Cloud as the intercom goes off.

Glynda (voice): Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately.

Zack: I'm actually wondering... if hypothetically we're both on the same team, who'll be our fourth member?

Vara: I'm not too sure. Could be anyone.

Zack: Well, how about we start by getting to know everyone in here? 

Vara: Uh... what are you implying?

Zack: V, you're a innocent soul. Go get em. 

Zack then pushes Vara towards Weiss and Pyrrha right after they walk away from Jaune, while also saving himself from the fall. 

Pyrrha: You okay? 

Vara: Uh... almost.... Hi. 

Weiss: Wait, aren't you that boy who was with Ms. Rose yesterday?! How could you be with someone like her? 

Vara: Uh... Well, I-

Pyrrha: Give him a break, Weiss.... Sorry about that. I'm Pyrrha. 

Vara: Vara.