Chapter 3.-Moving on up

After receiving the cookies again, Jonah decided to take action and went to The Spoon with the box of cookies in hand, luckily Amber was on her shift and waiting.

"Jonah, what are you doing here?" Amber asked, looking at him.

"I wanted to give you this," Jonah told her, handing her the box of cookies. "I hope you like them, they are some cookies that my mom made"

"Ok," Amber said, opening the box and uncovering the frosting. "these are sorry cookies"

"Yeah well...they were for Andi but she didn't like them" Jonah confessed. "I didn't know who else to give them to. My mom tried very hard to make them"

"Thank you" Amber told him with a smile.

"Well, I'd better get to school," Jonah said, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "It was nice to see you Amber"

"Don't you want to stay for breakfast?" Amber asked. "I'll get you baby taters and a strawberry milkshake"

"No thanks, I'm not hungry" Jonah said. "I just want to make things right with Andi" he said goodbye to his ex-girlfriend and left the diner, Amber watched him leave longingly and with a sigh returned to wait at the tables.

On the other hand, back in Philadelphia the day of the move arrived and the entire Vázquez family was already ready to go and the moving truck was already parked outside the house.

"Okay troop," Victor said. "The day has come" everyone applauded. "time to leave"

"Wait" Rosa said. "let me see if everyone is here"

"Here we are Rosa" Mary said to her adoptive mother as she and her four siblings stood at the door.

"I already packed my video games and my computer," said Eugene. "but they will go with me in the back seat, I don't want them to be damaged"

"Aren't we missing someone?" Victor asked. "I only see Mary, Darla, Eugene, Pedro and Freddy"

"Where's Billy?" Pedro asked looking around. "he knew we were moving today"

"Surely he went to save the world" Darla said and remembering the promise she made when she discovered Billy in his adult superhero guise she realized. "I mean...surely, he's out there, you know he always runs away"

"Wait, I know where he is," Freddy says to his family.

"Don't take too long Freddy, we have to go now" Victor told him.

Freddy went back into the house looking for signs of his best friend and adoptive brother, calling his name everywhere without receiving any response.

"Billy, don't tell me you ran away again" Freddy told him. "I thought you'd already moved on from that phase, come on dude, come out from wherever you are"

Freddy continued searching until he found Billy fast asleep in a corner of the room, since the house was empty, he was lying on the floor in a fetal position.

"Are you kidding me?" Freddy grunted and walked over to his friend. "Billy..." he shook him to move him. "Billy wake up"

"Five more minutes" Billy mumbled in his sleep and continued to sleep.