Voice in the Dark (Gray x Depressed!Reader)

Start from the beginning

Gray heard his name mid-punch.

"If it's a boy, I'd like to name him after my dad..if that's okay with you."

"Silver it is, then."

Lucy raised a brow.

"Why aren't you considering your parents?"

You never told Lucy about your parents. In fact, it was difficult for you to remember your parents when you couldn't remember them. Their faces, voices, and names were just blank to you.

"My parents weren't a big impact on my life. I'd rather have my child named after the two people who did their best to raise the man I love."

The blonde gave a soft smile as you watched Gray and Natsu beat each other up.

~~~

The guild was silent. You didn't understand as you slowly sat down. Your stomach was rather large and you were excited to welcome Gray home after a long mission. He had been called away and had been gone for the majority of your pregnancy. Thankfully, Juvia was there to help you during his absence.

Erza, the sister figure you've grown to respect and love over the years, walked up to you with a worried expression.

"Erza, what's the matter?"

"(First Name), I'm sorry."

"Sorry?"

"We got word that...Gray was killed while protecting some children from some monsters."

~~~

Five years of being locked up in your house made everyone worry. Juvia, Lucy, and Erza would come by and make sure you're doing well, but you were always the same.

Lost in the dark, you couldn't recover after hearing the loss of the man you loved, the man who was the father to a set of triplets. Two girls and a boy now roamed the house while doing their best to keep you happy, but it was difficult when they reminded you so much of him.

"Mommy! Aunt Juvia is here!"

The eldest, Mika, called out as the other two rushed into your room to guide you out.

In the living room was Juvia holding a small basket of food.

"(First Name), how are you today?"

"Fine...I guess."

Everyone knew you weren't fine. Mika was even aware of how sad you were.