0.4 i just have to release my inner jack

Start from the beginning

"Well, I came to see this scene," I say, walking over his body. "I'm so lucky I didn't miss it." 

Jack scoffs though he can't come up with any scathing remarks. He rolls off the ground, before surveying the area. It's dark and dusty, with no furniture. Even though I hate Jack, I'm glad he's with me. In case a murderer comes, I'll be able to shove Jack in front of me. 

"Where's the person?" I murmur, as Jack creeps forward. "Maybe he's asleep." Jack doesn't answer, tracing his finger against the wall and examining it. Dust. "Maybe he's hungry and went to get popcorn from the movie theater. Or maybe he's a murderer and is currently hiding a dead body." I send a meaningful look at Jack, which he ignores. 

Suddenly, a booming voice slices through the empty house. "How did you know?" the jolly voice asks, and I scream, clutching onto Jack's sleeve. 

Jack rubs his ears and then looks into the darkness. "Is that you, Gabriel?" 

Gabriel the maybe murderer shuffles through the house and I stick closer to Jack. I am absolutely prepared to shove Jack at Gabriel if it means saving my soul. Gabriel grumbles sleepily, before opening a lamp. 

With the light on, I can finally see everything, though it confirms everything I already knew: bare furniture and dusty room to the point of disbelief. As a serial cleaner, I want to roll up my sleeves and start scrubbing the walls. 

The light also reveals Gabriel and I take my time inspecting him. He looks like a soft puppy, all permed dyed golden hair and brown eyes framed by round rose gold glasses. He's wearing an oversized beige hoodie and when he smiles, I realize he's that person. The person who you want to comfort when he's crying, even if he's a stranger. 

I come to my next conclusion. I was not expecting this. I was expecting Gabriel to look like something that came out of hell, with evil grins and mad eyes. Like Jack's doppelgänger. 

"Jack," Gabriel booms, squeezing his arms around Jack. He only lets go when Jack begins choking. A hug, I realize. "I was surprised when you called me." 

"I've been busy," comes Jack's vague response. 

"Well, come by more. I often get lonely." When Jack doesn't make any immediate promises, Gabriel waves his hand dismissively, shuffling forward. We follow him into another dusty room, albeit this room now has furniture. A dusty table. One wooden rocking chair. A pitcher of water. "Let me get some tea. I still have the English breakfast tea you gave me two years ago—" 

"Gabriel, we need you to dispose of a body for us," Jack interrupts. 

Gabriel flinches. He turns around, his gaze finally landing on me, acknowledging my existence. "Did you kill someone?" he demands, the once warm eyes turning frigid. 

"Oh," I say, looking at Jack for help. He nods encouragingly. "Um, yes?" 

"Okay, then." Gabriel turns to Jack expectantly. "Give me money." 

Jack reluctantly digs through his pocket, handing a stack of hundred-dollar bills. My eyes pop. Jack is a stingy person, unwilling to spend a few dollars on items "of unimportance" according to him, and now he's handing more than five hundred dollars over. It must've been painful to part with the money. 

"You're going to be okay," I whisper sympathetically. 

Jack is confused before he sees me eyeing the money in Gabriel's hands. "Screw off," he whispers back. 

"Where's the body?" asks Gabriel, and both men exit the house, leaving me in dusty silence. 

I glance over my shoulder, before creeping around the house. There's nothing of interest, just dust and more dust. I'm about to collapse onto the rocking chair when I see a piece of paper camouflaged on the ground.