If Hearts Could Speak ~ Chapter 5

Sorry for the delay. I actually got home hours ago, then I fell asleep. To be honest, I also forgot to update and just remembered. Sorry ...

Enjoy it guys. :)

I blinked repeatedly, my eyes not really seeing anything. I couldn't speak. The realisation that I was actually going to be a father kicked in a few minutes after it seemed as though I had accepted it.

"Jeremy." Casey waved her hand in front of my face.

"I'm going to need a moment." I said. "It might take the rest of my life."

"Are you always this melodramatic?" Casey asked rolling her eyes.

"I've never received news like this before. I thought that was obvious."

"Back to the snarky old man I know. Welcome back." She grinned.

"Casey, I'm gay. I can't have kids. How will this work out? How are we going to do this? What will his or her friends think when they go to school? Need I remind you that I have no experience in being a parent?" That was my delayed freak out emerging.

"Calm down. Besides, if anyone should be freaking out it's me." She said sitting back on the sofa. "I work three jobs, I barely have an apartment and there is no way in hell that I'm prepared to raise a chid." I stared at her, horrified. "Oh my God, you're right. Our baby's going to be a screw up. I'm not ready for teenage angst."

"Jeremy, cool it. You're giving me a headache." I couldn't understand why Casey was so calm.

"You already had your freak out, didn't you?" I realised.

"Yep. Took me a while to get over it. I smashed my last good glass and ran all the way here." I took a deep breath.

"We can do this... maybe." I said. "You need to stop being so violent. I don't want my baby to have Hulk-like capabilities.

"And you need to stop being so stuck up. Our baby's going to end up being a prissy bitch." She reasoned.

"Touchè."

"What are we going to do though? For real?" She moved forward again.

"We need to get a few things sorted out. A few conditions perhaps." I stated.

"I agree." She nodded.

"Do you want to move in with me?"

"What?" Her eyes widened.

"You said yourself that you barely have an apartment and frankly, your neighbourhood scares me." I vaguely remembered nearly being mugged down there. Casey saved my ass.

"No, this is your house and I'll be imposing." She shook her head.

"Then I'm getting you an apartment. In a safer neighbourhood. Yelling at teenagers to quit breaking your windows is a bit stressful." I stared her down, daring her to say no.

"Okay, fine." She folded her arms across her chest. "Anything else?"

"No more smoking, or drinking or getting yourself into fights. Those boys can defend themselves." I sad remembering the time Casey told me about defending a few teenagers.

"Deal." She nodded. "I think I'm going to go back to school. I've saved up enough for one semester at least. It should be enough to get me on the way."

"Great. We also need to get you a trusted doctor. This is your first born, your body's new to this." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"You know more than you let on." I bit my lip.