00 - Information/Background

This is sort of my first book in my own universe so I apologize If you just completely hate this, I understand.

In this alternate universe, during the year 2048, Earth was under constant conflict. Africa and Asia had decided to rebel against the world order of the now weakened United Nations, leaving only a few countries remaining under UN control. Suddenly, the discovery of interstellar space travel was achieved by the United Nations, who were by then on their knees due to their current war with the Asian and African Union. Desperate, the United Nations created a branch known as the Interstellar Order of Nations, or "ION," whose purpose was to enroll a plan to establish space colonies outside of the Solar System and return to Earth to help achieve world peace once again.

Anyways, back to the war on Earth. The Great World War as some called it, saw the highest death casualty ever over 3 billion deaths in the first 4 years. Cities that we're still under UN control we're fortified into strongholds, with tall dystopian concrete walls built around them.

Before the war a global Pandemic was spread, It ravaged some countries so badly they fell, the UN did nothing. After it finally ended as a vaccine was finally built, the world grew more distant, nation after nation seemingly grew hatred, some said It was an after affect after the pandemic. It probably was as this was one of the main reasons of the world war. With resources diminished, food shortages escalated, and crime rates worsened.