♟ Summer Circa 2012 ♙

┌─────⋅❃⋅⚜⋅❃⋅─────┐

"She's a sunrise dressed like dusk

Going out, she's getting into something

He's a moth drawn to a flame

He's going in, he's going all or nothing"

Bad Suns, DAFT PRETTY BOYS

└─────⋅❃⋅⚜⋅❃⋅─────┘

༺༻

"Scott, I thought you were hanging out with Allison today," teased the blonde teenager pinching the bridge of her nose with a knowing grin.

Her dark-haired spastic boyfriend stepped in front of her, brows furrowed down with piqued interest as he zipped up the burgundy leather jacket she wore. He moved to her side just in time for them to cross the busy street, taking her available hand in his. It was their final day in New York with her mother and boyfriend, Jeremy, and the couple's final opportunity to spend the day together alone without parental supervision. 

Thankfully, and due to the three-hour time difference, Scott had called her as they were walking through the city back to the hotel rather than at an inopportune moment.

"I am, but she's bored with reading through this," the alpha called out the archer, who was likely beside him.

Stiles and Bree heard the sound of a pillow being thrown at the McCall boy, her voice yelling back, "Am not!"

The couple gave one another a knowing look while Scott laughed, "Anyway, I can't find the definition for plasmids."

"It's a DNA molecule that's circular, double-stranded, and can replicate on its own."

"Got it. And biotechnology?"

As she and Stiles approached the lobby of their hotel, Bree rolled her eyes, recalling, "Manipulation of organisms or components to make useful products. Do you need the definition for genetic engineering too?"

"No, no thanks. I think I got it."

Walking her to the elevator, Stiles began to kiss her cheek and jaw, yet the girl continued, "I also kept some of my notes if you want to use them."

Scott replied, a smile in his tone, "I appreciate it, but I want to try to get through as much of this by myself first."

"Fair," the phoenix nodded, ignoring her boyfriend's efforts to get her to hang up. "And if you ever need help, Lydia's mom was kind enough to get me my schedule ahead of time. You can come visit me in the library during study hall, I'll be there for the majority of the day anyway."