Chapter 64

"Hey, (Y/N).. are you still mad at us?" Charlie asked as she leaned over the armrest of the couch to look at you. You were sitting on the couch with a small smile on your face while your arms were crossed over your chest. The others thought you were angry except for Angel Dust who thought you were pouting.

"Not at all, dear. I'm a bit saddened that I wasn't able to explore much of that world and 'meet' new people." you exclaimed, leaving out the parts where you have made a few deals with some people.

"Smiles even got herself a hickey from that world." Angel Dust stated as he walked into the main area with Niffty behind him before going out to who knows where while Niffty stayed behind.

"Really?!" Niffty asked excitedly as she sped up towards you and quickly sat beside you.

"It wasn't a hickey. It was a.. contract. Since I'm now back in hell, the contract has been demolished." you lied with a grin, patting yourself on the back for hiding the geo mark on your neck with a little magic to make it look like it wasn't even there.

"Still! Ms. (Y/N), you finally found a lover!" Niffty said, showing you a large grin as Charlie nodded to her statement.

"Ha! That is quite funny, my dear. But it was part of the deal!" you retaliated while Niffty and Charlie glanced at each other before looking back to you.

"Did they treat you gently and kindly? Like how a prince would take care of a princess in those storybooks from the living world?" Charlie questioned, a large smile forming on her faces while stars have started to form in her eyes.

"Well, after the deal, he did carried me to his home. Not even giving me a chance to say no due to my sudden exhaustion." you muttered to yourself, holding your chin in thought while Charlie and Niffty heard the first sentence before starting to squeal.

"(Y/N) has a lover!" the two demons cheered out before Charlie let out a gasp.

"Oh my dad! We just took you away from your lover! No wonder you didn't want to go back yet!" Charlie exclaimed as she looked at you with an apologetic look.

"We have to get her back! She might not even be able to say goodbye!" Niffty added.

"We can't! That portal was a one time travel only! We can't conjure another one anymore since (Y/N) is already here!" Charlie said as she gripped her hair in panic while tears begin to form in her eyes.

"Wait darling, I think you misunderstood. I didn't want to leave yet because I still want to learn more about the world before taking it over--" you were cut off from your statement when Niffty gasped in shock before moving closer and hugging you. Your words fell on deaf ears as Charlie and Niffty cried while mumbling about how your love life was destroyed because of them.

You let out a small sigh, knowing these two wouldn't stop unless you try to calm them down. You felt Niffty hug you tighter, you weren't really a hugger nor do you like to be hugged but you'll make an exception for Niffty and some children. You placed your hand on the little demon's back and gently rubbed circles on it to comfort her while your other hand placed on top of Charlie's head and giving her a small pat.

"It's quite alright, dear. After all, there is no undoing what is done!" you exclaimed, watching the princess of Hell wiping some of her tears away with a sniffle.

"Yeah but.. if I know how to make another portal to that world then I would be happy to. I was just worried that an exterminator might kill you and such. Maybe you being in that world can help you be redeemed?" Charlie thought aloud while you let out a mocking laugh.

"I don't plan on redeeming myself, dear. There is nothing left to save from a sinner like me. I continue to live only for the entertainment the world can bring." you replied, patting Charlie's head so she won't sulk more.

"Still.. I wish you could go back once more and see your lover again.. I'm so sorry for transporting you back." Charlie mumbled out as she looked down on the floor, Niffty handing her a handkerchief while Charlie took it in thanks.

"As much as I don't want to see you here, demons aren't allowed to be in the living world. An exterminator might find you and kill you there. Besides, I pity the person you manipulated into loving you. What do they even see in you?!" Vaggie yelled out with her arms crossed as she glared at you before walking over to Charlie.

"My very talented and charming personality?" you replied back with a smug grin as Vaggie's glare hardened in return.

----------

You walked around the halls of the hotel, everyone was already asleep in their own rooms. Being back in hell is alright, you were able to recover your powers that you weren't able to use back at Teyvat.

Playing a small eerie tune, you twirled your staff between your fingers as you continued to roam around the hotel. You hoped your actions could annoy Angel or scare him, you're a bit pissed off at how he dragged you back to hell. You were more annoyed that once you both landed back in the hotel, he was already inhaling some drugs Vaggie gave him like his life depended on it.

You made your way back to the main area before sitting down on the couch and placing your staff down beside you. Summoning a book, you flipped through the pages to find that a few pages were ripped off. Tracing your finger against the torn area to where the missing pages are, you heard the microphone on your staff let out a small noise as its eye opened and stared at you.

"What now, boss?" your microphone asked as you turned to look at it and grinned.

"It's nice to hear that you're talking again. That proves that my powers are back and at its full potential." you stated with a chuckle as you looked down at the book.

"And to answer your question.." you trailed off as you closed the book shut before glancing back to your staff.

"We play the waiting game, darling." you stated with a dark chuckle, your grin widening as your eyes began to glow red.

----------

Bright amber eyes stared against dull magenta-colored orbs. Neither of them said a word as they both continued to stare at each other in silence. Zhongli cleared his throat before crouching down towards Qiqi's level and giving her a small smile.

"Little Qiqi, may I ask what you are doing wandering around here?" Zhongli asked as Qiqi glanced up at him, her small hands gripped her notebook closer to her chest.

"Qiqi.. needs to save mother.." Qiqi replied as Zhongli gently patted the child's head, knowing who she was referring to.

"What a coincidence, I am also about to do that as well. How about we both work together to save her?" Zhongli asked, making Qiqi's eyes light up.

"Yes please." Qiqi stated when a figure suddenly appeared behind the two of them. Zhongli looked up at the figure, giving them a gentle smile.

"You summoned me, Rex Lapis?"

"Xiao, it is nice to see you again."