Chapter 47

"And whenever you need me, dear. Just follow the instructions I wrote on your little notebook." you exclaimed as you patted Qiqi's head.

Qiqi looked up at you then down at her notebook, nodding her head repeatedly as she held the notebook close to her chest. Both of you heard the sound of people running as you turned to see Aether, Paimon, and Zhongli panting from all the running they did.

"Qiqi! Have you seen (Y/N)?! She-- oh.." Aether cut himself off as he looked between you and the zombie child.

"Hello dears! You all looked out of breath! Was something chasing you with an intent to kill?" you asked, tilting your head to the side as you grinned at your companions.

"What?! N-no!" Paimon answered, trying to catch her breath from all the flying she did.

"We were all shocked to know that you weren't with us earlier and thought the worst so we had to hurry with the task and quickly come back here." Zhongli explained, his eyes looking over your form for any injuries.

"About that, the little darling followed after me. I had to bring her back since it is dangerous for a child to go out on their own." you replied your side of the story, making them let out a sigh of relief while Qiqi held onto your tailcoat.

"Anyways! Have you three managed to find this so called Cocogoat?" you asked, noticing your companions avert their gazes away from you and Qiqi.

"Well.. about that.." Aether trailed off.

"Forgive us, we were unable to fulfill the end of the contract. We found no trace of the Cocogoat adeptibeast of which you speak." Zhongli stated, giving Qiqi an apologetic look.

"Ah. What a disappointment. Don't worry about it. But I feel very disappointed.." Qiqi muttered as you patted her head in comfort, making the zombie child nuzzle into your hand.

"What do you need this Cocogoat for?" Aether asked curiously, making you also look at Qiqi to hear her response.

"Cocogoat milk is tasty. So tasty. Much better than normal goat milk. Only an adeptibeast could make such tasty milk. I cannot remember the name of the milk so I wrote it down. Where did I put it.." Qiqi muttered as she patted down her clothes.

You looked around and saw the notebook you and Qiqi were using earlier. You picked up the notebook and handed it over to the zombie child. Qiqi thanked you as she took the notebook in your grasp and turned a few pages.

"Here. This is the name. 'Coconut milk'." Qiqi exclaimed.

"Seems like you were all going on a wild goose chase for nothing! Haha!" you stated as you let out a laugh when you saw your companions' shocked reactions.

"Did Qiqi say a bad thing?.." Qiqi asked, gently tugging your tailcoat as she looked at you in curiosity.

"Sorry Aether but Paimon is gonna leave the job of shattering the poor kiddo's world to you.." Paimon exclaimed as Aether looked at Paimon like she was being crazy.

Aether glanced over to you as you simply gave him a grin in return. The blonde let out a small sigh as he began to explain to Qiqi where the coconut milk comes from.

"No.. impossible.." Qiqi exclaimed, looking down at the floor with a saddened look. You lightly chuckled and patted Qiqi's head in comfort.

"Now now, no need to be sad darling. We can still get you this coconut milk." you reassured. Qiqi looked up at you with hope as she ran up to you and buried her face on your leg.

"Seems like my little Qiqi has taken quite a liking towards you. Thank you all for looking after her." A voice exclaimed, making you and your companions turn around to see a male with green hair and a white snake wrapped around his shoulder.

"Might I ask, who?.." Zhongli trailed off as you continued to analyze the newcomer.

"Ah yes, how rude of me. I'm Baizhu, boss of the Bubu Pharmacy." the green haired male introduced.

"Paimon thought that Qiqi was the boss.. turns out it's some wacko who wears medicinal ingredients around his neck!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Don't be rude, dear." you stated with a large grin as you pinched and pulled Paimon's cheeks. Paimon let out a cry of apologies as she begged for you to stop.

"Hmph! Teach that little mascot some manners." the snake around Baizhu's neck said, making all of you surprised.

'A talking snake.. nothing I haven't seen before.' you thought to yourself as you let go of Paimon and watched her rub her reddened and swollen cheeks.

"Don't mind Changsheng, she's a good girl, really. As for the rest of you.. Communal chaos causing with Qiqi aside, what brings you here?" Baizhu asked.

"Do you sell any Everlasting Incense in this fine establishment?" Zhongli questioned to which Baizhu answered with a yes.

"Phew! Things are finally starting to come together.." Paimon muttered as Aether nodded in reply.

"Three million Mora, top quality, guaranteed." Baizhu exclaimed, making everyone shocked while you grinned in return.

"Three million?! We don't even have that much amount!" Aether stated, his face becoming paler from thinking about the price. You let out a small chuckle and patted the blonde's back in comfort.

"Three million.. an innocuous number in and of itself, though practically speaking, it could be a hard sum to come by." Zhongli muttered aloud, deep in thought.

"It's a crazy number! We'd never be able to make that much mora, and as for Mr. Zhongli.. he's around three million short." Paimon explained.

"That is correct." Zhongli replied.

"Wow.. not even an ounce of shame.." Aether mumbled.

"Well, I do have at least a million mora in my hold." you stated, making everyone look at you in shock.

"Where did you get that much mora?! The commissions from the Adventurer's Guild can't even pay that much! (Y/N).. please don't tell me you didn't steal mora.." Aether exclaimed, looking at you in panic and worry.

"Me? Steal? Ha! Darling, stealing isn't even my forte!" you replied, chuckling at the blonde's reaction.

"Then where did you get a million mora?" Paimon asked.

"Master Diluc gave it to me." you answered with a cheshire grin, not noticing Aether's eye twitch at the mention of a certain red head.