Noctua Chapter: Act 1 (Part 2)

After Diluc telling Aether and Paimon to keep his heroic identity a secret, he left you and your group to handle the incoming hilichurls. Paimon floated beside you as you both watched Aether defeat the hilichurls. You would be happy to help Aether but what's the point of it if there's no bloodbath?

The three of you heard incoming footsteps and saw a knight, Huffman was his name if you remembered correctly.

"Greetings, you three. I thought I heard something so I came to check it out. Did you see anything out of the ordinary?" Huffman asked, looking at each and every one of you as you shook your head in reply.

Huffman asked your group to meet him at the Knights of Favonius headquarters to discuss more about the Darknight Hero. You and your companions approached Huffman, who was waiting outside of the building.

"You three came." Huffman greeted with a salute.

"Could I ask first what's going on? What is it you want to tell us?" Aether asked.

"Ah, right. I should fill you in first.. forgive me for my appalling lapse of etiquette. The situation is.. perhaps you should take a look at this." Huffman explained as he handed Aether a letter.

You and Paimon peeked over Aether's shoulder to take a look at the letter. You narrowed your eyes  as you tried to understand the strange handwriting.

"This is some.. horrible handwriting." Aether muttered, you nodding in agreement beside him.

"Although this is written in the common tongue, it appears that a cipher has been used in many places. This is a war declaration from the Abyss Order to the Darknight Hero." Huffman replied.

"Thank you for the information, Huffman." Aether exclaimed, putting away the letter.

"If you guys find out anything at all, come and find me." Huffman stated, waving you off as he left to do his duties.

"Oh no, this is bad! We have to tell Master Diluc! Quick (Y/N)! Teleport us to Dawn Winery!" Paimon exclaimed as she held onto your arm, preparing herself.

"Paimon, dear just because I can teleport doesn't mean I have no limits to it." you replied, wrapping your arm around Aether's neck and pulling him close to your chest as you snapped your fingers and teleported outside of Dawn Winery.

Paimon noticed Aether's face reddening and became curious. "Aether, are you sick?" Paimon asked.

"N-no, not at all." Aether stuttered in reply, trying to calm his racing heart from the close proximity between the two of you. Aether's brows furrowed in confusion when he didn't feel a heartbeat coming from you.

"Lady (Y/N) and Aether! It's nice to see you both!"

You let go of Aether and turned to see Adelinde approaching you and your group.

"Hello Adelinde dear! Is Diluc here? There's something important we must discuss with him." you exclaimed.

"Oh, Master Diluc is inside his private quarters. Allow me to notify him of your presence. I'm sure he'll be out in no time once he hears of your arrival, Lady (Y/N). Please, follow me." Adelinde replied as your group followed her inside Dawn Winery.

'With the sound of things crashing inside his home, I am already guessing Diluc already knows we're here.' you thought to yourself when you recalled seeing a flash of red and hearing the sound of someone bumping into furniture on one of the windows outside.

As you and your companions entered Dawn Winery, the three of you saw Diluc waiting in the main room. Adelinde bowed and quickly left to fulfill her daily duties while your group discussed about the letter.

"I've already tracked down one of their strongholds.. if you three are interested, feel free to come along." Diluc stated.

"What do you guys think?" Aether asked you and Paimon.

"Well, I'm coming for the show! Someone has to be a witness on how the Darknight Hero dies from the hands of the Abyss Order!" you replied, summoning your staff as you slyly grinned at the red head.

"Paimon will come too. Paimon does not want to be left alone and only you two can protect Paimon from danger." Paimon exclaimed.

"Then it's settled, we're all going." Aether stated.

----------

"Should you be just standing there?" Paimon asked, floating beside you. The both of you are watching from the sidelines as Aether and Diluc fight against the numerous hordes of slimes and hilichurls.

"I'm sure nothing too serious will happen to them. They would come out victorious with either a dislocated joint or losing a limb." you replied as you leaned against one of the crates.

"Why aren't you helping them, (Y/N)? You're strong too." Paimon retaliated as you looked at her with a small grin.

"That's true.. but what kind of battle would it be if the opposing side isn't bleeding? The enemies the two of them are facing doesn't have any single amount of blood coming out from them." you explained, pretending to ignore Paimon's shivering from your bloodlusted gaze.

"But..if this plan went south, I'll be taking care of whatever trouble we might come up against. No need to worry about these things, dear." you added, patting Paimon on the head while giving her a reassuring smile.

"Alright then.. huh? Hey, over there! It's the abyss mage!" Paimon called out as she pointed to a room where you saw an abyss mage waving at you, mockingly.

"We're a little busy here!" Aether yelled as he parried away a slime.

"(Y/N), go after the abyss mage! Don't kill it yet, we still need answers!" Diluc exclaimed, finishing off a hilichurl before being attacked by another one. You summoned your staff and turned to look at Paimon.

"You heard the hero, Paimon. It is up to us to capture the villain! Oh, how will the Radio Demon handle this situation? Will they succeed in this operation or will they fail? Will the Abyss Order pull a different tactic to defeat the hero and his companions? Oh, the suspense is killing me!" you announced dramatically, holding the microphone part of your staff as you continued to talk in your radio host persona.

"(Y/N)! This is no time to be doing that!" Paimon scolded.

"Don't be such a wet blanket, Paimon! Anyway, we'll find out more about the hero's mission on the next chapter! Stay tuned, my dears~!" you exclaimed, the static in your voice becoming louder as your grin widened while your eyes glinted red.