Chapter 22

"The Abyss Order.. enemies of the human race. Even the underground networks rarely come across any information on them. It was a bit of a hassle but I managed to dig up a few clues." Diluc explained.

You and the rest of the group stood outside Dawn Winery. After finding out that Venti is Barbatos, the God of Anemo, you became even more interested on what the other gods look like.

'They're probably stronger than me, considering they're literally gods.. I could befriend them and find out more things about them.' you thought to yourself, ignoring what your companions were talking about.

It's not that you don't want to help them. Well, you're only there for the entertainment after all. If they die then you'll be suffering from boredom. You can't let that happen.

You looked up and noticed that you were the only one left. 'Crap, I must have not noticed them leaving..' you thought.

"(Y/N)! Hey, come on!" Aether exclaimed as he ran back towards you.

You turned and Aether took the opportunity to grab your hand and drag you to a different direction. "Where are we heading, dear?" you asked as you ran beside Aether.

"Diluc managed to track down the Abyss Mage. We're hunting it down." Aether explained.

"Oh, I love hunting! Although I don't really chase down my prey, I'll just watch and assist from the back!" you replied as you and Aether headed to where the others are to k̶i̶l̶l̶  take down the Abyss Mage.

----------

"We're going to confront Dvalin? Do we get to kill--" you were cut off by Diluc chopping you on the head with his hand. You rubbed your head as you lightly glared at Diluc with a small grin.

"I'm fine with that. (Y/N) probably doesn't care on what we choose. Jean on the other hand, is the one who wishes to avoid any direct confrontation." Diluc exclaimed.

"No. When there are no other options left, it is my responsibility to alter our course of action. If slaying him is our only choice. I will gladly become the knight that leads the charge." Jean stated, placing a hand on her chest.

'I would like to join her on that! Slaying a dragon sounds exciting! Watching Jean try to slay a dragon seems like a good show to watch!' you happily thought as your ears twitched.

"So we just need to fight monsters from the abyss.. and a dragon! No pressure or anything." Paimon exclaimed sarcastically as she crossed her arms.

"Come now, my dear. It will be fun! You have the front row seat to all the action!" you replied, patting Paimon's head.

"Fun? (Y/N) you're crazy!" Paimon stated as you let out a fit of laughter.

"I've been told a lot of times, my dear. I take it as a compliment." you exclaimed as you gave Paimon a large grin.

----------

You watched your companions in amusement as they fend off against the hordes of hilichurls. You sat on top of a boulder, popcorn in hand as you watched the battle before you.

"(Y/N)! Come here and support us!" Jean called out as she saw you enjoying yourself.

"You guys are doing great! Keep going!" you cheered as you summoned a flag and waved it around while munching on your popcorn.

"Not moral support!" Aether yelled out as he defeated another hilichurl.

You let out a laugh and continued on spectating the fight. You could help them but that would waste a lot of your energy and that would mean you won't be able to get a chance to 'assist' them with Dvalin.

Somewhere far away from you, a hilichurl noticed your presence and aimed its bow at you. Paimon saw the hilichurl and watched as the arrow flew towards your direction.

"(Y/N)! Watch out!" Paimon called out as the others stopped their attacks and looked towards you. Everyone watched as the arrow went straight to your head.

"No!" Aether cried out. Diluc's eyes widened while Jean let out a gasp.

"Honestly, these hilichurls are such barbaric creatures." you stated as you stood up and dusted off the dirt from your clothes. The arrow pierced through the container of popcorn you were holding, spilling out its contents.

"I was enjoying my popcorn too.." you muttered as you burned the arrow in your grasp while teleporting in front of your companions.

"Now, time to deal with you rodents." you exclaimed as you snapped your fingers and watched as flames engulfed each and every hilichurl in the area. You watched in glee as the fire began to spread through the grass and trees, the enemies burnt to ashes.

"(Y/N), extinguish the flames. You're going to burn the entire place down." Jean ordered, making you click your tongue in annoyance.

'What a wet blanket.. somehow like Vaggie.' you thought as you snapped your fingers again and removed the flames.

"Strange.. the hilichurls usually do not venture into areas with high elemental concentrations. It puts a heavy burden on their bodies." Venti thought out loud.

"The Abyss Order must be manipulating them behind the scenes, yet they shouldn't have been able to determine that we would come. They're presumably spreading their forces to halt our plans." Diluc stated.

'Could the Abyss Order be demons as well..? Everyone seems to dislike these creatures..' you thought as you followed your group towards Stormterror's lair.

"Hey, (Y/N). Do you think you can teleport us in that tower over there?" Aether asked as he pointed to a tower with a large hole on the roof.

"Why, certainly dear." you replied as you snapped your fingers. You watched as a large red circle appeared below your group, in the center laid a pentagram.

"Brace yourselves." you reminded as you all teleported inside the tower.

"Well then, Aether, (Y/N). I'm going to need both of your help on this. I shall channel Anemo energy for Aether while he assists (Y/N) in removing the poisonous blood clots that coagulated on the wounds of Dvalin's back. That's what's corrupting his mind." Venti explained as you and Aether nodded in understanding.

"Let's go then." Aether stated as he followed Venti.

You were about to follow the two when you felt someone grab your hand. You turned to see Diluc looking at you with worry in his eyes.

"Be careful, alright?" Diluc exclaimed as he pulled your hand and placed a kiss on your knuckles.

"Don't worry, darling. I'll be fine. You're talking to a demon, don't forget that." you reassured as you gave Diluc a cheshire grin before following after Venti and Aether.

"You ready?" Venti asked while you grinned in reply.

"Let's get this show on the road."