Chapter 31

Ignoring the pain erupting in your arm, your radio dialed eyes stared back at Childe as you inched closer towards him. Aether grabbed you from behind, holding you in place as he watched you grin eerily towards Childe.

"Woah! Hey now, I hate to tell you this but I don't know where Signora is! Calm down, girlie! What did Signora even do that made you like this?" Childe asked, raising his hands in surrender as he gave you a small grin.

Aether held onto you as he tried to pull you away from Childe, stopping you from tearing him to shreds. Your antlers began to grow, making Paimon gasp in surprise while Childe and Aether stare in shock.

"That bitch impaled me. I'm just going to return the favor." you exclaimed, tilting your head to the side as your grin darkened. You quickly shook your head as you stood up straight and smiled, clearing your throat while your eyes and antlers returned to normal.

"So Signora gave you quite the bad impression, huh? Tsk, that woman.. can't say I'm a fan either." Childe stated, crossing his arms as he gave you an apologetic look. You felt Aether pull you closer towards him as you both stared at Childe.

"Seems like we have some mutual understanding when it comes to Signora, dear." you replied with a low chuckle.

"Right, let's forget all about her, shall we? I'm actually here to help you." Childe exclaimed. You and Aether shared a glanced as you both looked back to the ginger haired male.

"We don't need help from the Fatui. Go, shoo." Aether stated as he wrapped an arm around you in a protective manner while he tried to shoo away Childe.

"I'm not a bad guy! Okay perhaps I'm kind of a bad guy but I'm not here to give you any trouble!" Childe replied.

"Listen, I heard both of your deeds in Mondstadt and I couldn't help myself but notice your presence during the proceedings back there." Childe added when you noticed him stare at your direction.

"I had my eye on the three of you the whole time, mostly little red over here. I know it wasn't any of you. Someone else was clearly behind it." Childe explained, gesturing towards you.

'Little red..? Is he indirectly insulting my height? Tsk, humans these days. Curse that stupid hunter for killing me when I'm short.. I could have still gotten taller if I were alive back then..' you thought to yourself, ignoring your companions and the information they're sharing.

----------

"So.. the sigil Childe has given us is going to protect us from the so called 'mighty and illuminated adepti' if they bring harm to us?" you asked as you held the item in your hand, inspecting it closely as your group continued on your journey.

"That's what Childe told us. Anyways, we're here." Aether announced as you all stood before Jueyun Karst.

"And who might we be? Those that enter Jueyun Karst with a demon alongside them."

You followed the sound of the voice and saw a stag standing before your group. You let out a grin as you and Aether stared at the stag in surprise.

"My! I didn't know a stag can talk! Can I eat yo--" your mouth was quickly muffled by Aether's hand, silencing you from any other things you might say that could upset the divine beast in front of you.

"We were sent here! Please, take a look at this!" Aether exclaimed as he gestured towards the sigil that was in your hand. You got out of Aether's grip and showed the stag the sigil you held.

"A Sigil of Permission.. many a season has passed since one was last in the presence of such an item. You are lucky, demon. We adepti are given the order to protect this land from demons like yourself. You would have already been dead if you set foot to Jueyun Karst without this item." the stag informed you, making you roll your eyes as you kept your smile to your face.

"He before you is the mighty and illuminated adeptus, Moon Carver. Speak, travelers. What business have you here?" Moon Carver stated as he looked at you and Aether.

You kept quiet as you stared back at Moon Carver, wondering to yourself if adepti are edible to be eaten either cooked or raw. You were cut off from your thoughts when you heard people shouting nearby as you turned to see the Millelith coming towards your group.

"..disturbing our borders.. See them gone. One will not have interruption. Demon, even though your kind cannot be trusted, prove yourself that you bring no harm to this land." Moon Carver exclaimed, Paimon floated beside you as she listened to Moon Carver.

'My kind? Ha! I'm not even from this world!' you thought to yourself as you stood beside Aether. The blonde looked at you in confusion as he summoned his blade to prepare himself to attack the incoming Millelith.

"(Y/N), get back with Paimon. It's not safe here and you can't use your powers." Aether reminded you. You let out a small chuckle and pulled out a kitchen knife, making Aether stare at you with wide eyes.

"Where in the world did you get that?!" Aether yelled in shock as he watched you swiftly twirl the knife in your hand.

"I got it from Diluc, darling! You had no idea how difficult it was to persuade that man! I almost had to beg to him to give this to me. I had to tell him I needed it for culinary purpose." you answered as you eerily grinned at the Millelith with a crazed look in your eyes.

"Take the targets alive!" one of the Millelith shouted.

"Although I may not be able to use my abilities for the time being. I am very skilled with a knife." you told Aether as you licked the edge of the knife with the tip of your tongue, your eyes glinting red with excitement.

"Alright, I trust that you'll be okay once this battle's over." Aether stated, readying his sword. You and Aether faced the Millelith in opposite directions, both your backs touching against each other.

"Attack!"