୨⎯ 22⎯ ୧

- - -

The next morning I woke up in Zack's arms. I smiled to myself and looked at him.

I still can't believe this happened.

Suddenly he just opened his eyes which jumpscared me.

"Oh God, Zack!"

"Huh?" he quickly got up as he realised that he was holding me.

"What's wrong? Forgot about last night?" I smirked.

"No" he smirked back.

"Great!" I got up as well "So, what are the plans for today?" I asked.

"Killing people" he answered as he walked out of the room.

"Hmmmm... What about spending time with your new girlfriend?"

"Yeah, right. Come with me then" he started to change.

"ZACK! Don't change in front of me!" I quickly covered my eyes, still peeking.

"The fuck are you talking about? You've already seen me" he stopped.

"I know, but, I can't stop looking at you" I began to laugh.

That was a hella goofy sentence.

"That's just good"

I started to laugh even more.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, always got somethin' to laugh about. Do you eant me to cut you up?" he grabbed his scythe and stood up next to the door "Are you coming or what?"

"Wait!" I yelled from the other room, while changing.

As we walked through the forest to a highway I began a conversation "So, we should also do some grocery shopping"

"If you want to" Zack shrugged.

"We need to, or do you wanna starve?"

We both were silent for a while.

"Y'know, I personally think that it's suspicious to just walk around with a scythe" I sneered.

"Then fix your personal thinking"

"No, but like, for real. What if someone calls the police?"

"Then we run" he muttered.

"Can't you be serious for once? You're a wanted criminal and I'm apparently missing. If someone reports us we'll end up in prison. You know that, don't you?"

He just sighed and didn't say a word.

"I would appreciate your opini-" Zack placed his bandaged hand on my mouth to shush me and pointed at a happy couple walking in front of us. A male and a female who looked to be around 30. They seemed to be enjoying their morning walk, but the little they knew Zack had other plans with them.

"Look how happy they are!" Zack grinned and prepared his scythe.

"Why are you looking at other girls?" I crossed my arms. "Shut up" he spat and immediately ran after them.

He didn't even have to countdown, they ran away from him as soon as they saw him. He was enjoying their screams and tears while I just stood in place waiting for him. I could hear his maniacal laughter from distance.

After a few minutes, he came back to me laughing to himself with blood splattered all over him and two wallets.

"Had fun?" I asked as he handed me their wallets. We had 340$ in total, not bad.

"Hell yeah! You should have seen their faces!" he was still giggling to himself. "I'm glad you didn't run away from me while I chased them" he continued.

"Why would I do that?" I gave him a confused look.

"Because I can kill you anytime I feel like it?" we were walking again.

"I can kill you too"

"Oh yeah?" he smiled down at me "You wouldn't do it"

"What makes you think that?"

"You said you love me don't you? You don't kill your loved ones"

"Don't you love me too?"

"Yeah, whatever. But unlike you I don't get fucking attached"

Oh, right. That hurt.

After a while we finally arrived to the town without saying a word to eachother the whole time.

"Could you hide your scythe somewhere, so we don't attract unwanted attention. Please?"

"My scythe, my rules" he was stubborn.

"C'mon Zack. There could be cops literally anywhere" I begged him.

"Aw, fine" he threw it into a bush. Sometimes (most of the time) Zack was acting like a child.

"Don't forget where you put it"

"Don't order me around!" he yelled "dumb bitch"

I smiled at that nickname and my cheeks were bright pink.

I'm definitely into that.

We walked into a random store. It wasn't a huge one. There were only a few elderly people doing their weekly shopping and two employees.

We quickly grabbed some food, but I stopped at the aisle with kitchen knives.

I needed something for protection and self defense. After all I can't rely on Zack all the time.

I took a big knife and a small one. The big one because it looked actually useful and the small one because it was cute. I couldn't wait to test them on someone.

As I was paying, the cashier said "Don't I know you from somewhere?"

"Uh... I don't know"

"I swear I already saw your face" then he turned to Zack.

"The fuck you starin' at, hoe?" he raised an eyebrow at him in annoyance.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm so sorry! He-" I was about to apologise but then the cashier cut me off.

" I know you! You're the infamous serial killer. Isaac Foster" his eyes widened at the realisation.

"Smartass" Zack snickered.

"I'm calling the-"

"Have a nice day" I grabbed the plastic bags with our stuff and we ran as fast as we could out of there. On our way Zack got his scythe.

"Ahahahahaha! The look on his face when he realised!" me and Zack laughed as we got away from the town.

"I know, right!"

"Wait, let me help you" Zack smiled at me and took all of the bags.

"Aren't they way too heavy?" I asked.

"No, I'm alright. These muscles are made for heavier stuff!"

The sun began to set down as we walked on the empty highway.

"I'm soooo tired" I yawned.

"Yet you still wanted to carry those heavy bags" he scoffed.

"My bad, I guess"

When we arrived at our place the door was already opened.

"Did you keep the door open?" I asked Zack, frightened.

"No, I'm not an idiot"

- - -