Chapter 1

TW: explicit suicide

Welcome to my Life.

Louis' POV

Yeah I know, I really do. I know it is a sign of self-pity to say that everything in my life goes wrong, but in my life really everything goes not the way I want it. That is not entirely true, until I was 14 my life was going great, my parents loved me, I knew who my mate was, and what my future would hold for me, I was a happy kid.

My father was the pack Alpha of our pack, Moon River. He was a really strong alpha, not that that was a surprise because he came from a line of all strong alpha leaders. What did came as a surprise is he got killed in a war with a neighbouring pack. How was it possible that my strong father, alpha of the pack got killed? He was protecting the pack from the enemy, when he was surrounded by several alpha's and he was winning, but a weak beta, came out of nowhere and stabbed him straight in the heart. He never saw it coming.

What I didn't see coming was losing my mother not even a month after my father died.
My mother stopped talking and eating and I knew she was having a hard time with the loss of her mate. I could only hope she would ever find the strength to keep fighting and start living again.

The day my mother finally spoke to me, was the day she spoke her last words.

She asked me to take a walk and took my hand. We walked out in the backyard to the line of trees at the end of field. I felt save and protected, and I hoped my mother was going to tell me she was gaining strength and found joy in life, in me, her only son.

My mother placed her hand on my cheek, and looked me in my eyes. "You know I love you, my sweet boy, don't you?" My mother said. "Of course I know ,mom, you know I love you too." I answered her.

"And you know I love you father too?"

"Yes mom, I know, I do too, I will never forget him."

My mother smiled at me, for the first time after my father died, I finally saw her smile again.

"But I love him so much, I can't take it anymore, son." I had a feeling where this was going and I didn't like it at all. "I know you are strong, I know you are my precious boy, but I can't take it anymore, I am leaving."

Before my mind could even register what was happening, my mother took out a hunting knife and in one supple movement slit her own throat. The blood gushed out, and I knew the was nothing I could do to save my mother.

I was so sad and after the sad feeling I got angry. How could my mother do that to me. Leaving me, and killing herself in front of me. How could she do that after saying she loved me, her own son.

Being an orphan doesn't necessarily mean your life couldn't be good. I knew my mate, and when I turned 18, under the next full moon, we would officially recognize our mate. I already knew who my mate was, it was destiny.

My father was the pack alpha, and after his death, his Beta, and best friend took over as pack alpha, because my father had no heir that could take over.

I know he had me, but I was not compatible to be the pack leader, I was a male omega, very rare, but not leader material. I could be the pack's Luna, but to be the Luna of the pack you need to have a mate. And since I was only 14 there was no change I would become Luna, without a strong alpha leader.

Eventually I would become the Luna of the pack, it was written in the stars, and my mate happened to be the son of my father's best friend. Jonathan was my mate, and even if I wasn't 18 yet, I knew when the full moon came after my 18 birthday, Jonathan was mine.

A few months before my 18th birthday we had a big party under the full moon, because the current pack leader, Jonathan's father, went for an early retirement. It also happened to be Jonathan's 18th birthday. So he would be named pack leader, and was able to recognize his mate.

But like I said, everything in my life goes wrong, so this obviously didn't go as planned.

As Jonathan stood proudly on the stage, and received the title of pack leader, our eyes locked. I felt the pull even stronger, and with Jonathan being 18 I was convinced his wolf recognized me as his mate.

But before I could reach him, he pointed at me, of course the whole crowd stepped away, and I felt so exposed. And I heard him speak the words, " I, Jonathan Riley, leader of the Moon River pack, reject you, Louis William Tomlinson, as my mate and Luna."

I don't want a boy as my mate and Luna, I need a real woman. Not an abomination of a man that can bear children!

As he said that, he pulled Tessa on the stage and kissed her.
The silence was deafening, the ringing in my ears started to hurt. The pain was indescribable. This could not be happening, I was hoping to wake up any time soon, but I didn't.

After the silence came chaos. His parents didn't approve, but the harm was already done. My wolf was hurt, and howling, I needed to get away from there, but my legs just didn't seem to work anymore. Tessa gave me a smug smile and cuddled closer to Jonathan, kissing his cheek, but still keeping her eyes on me.

As soon as I felt my legs again I bolted out of there, ripped out of my clothes and let my wolf out to go for a run.

On my 18th birthday the pack leader announced that he was expecting a child. And his mate, could wish upon anything she wanted.
Tessa looked at me with that wicked smile, I felt very uneasy. All of a sudden she burst out crying, "I need him out of here!" Pointing at me. "He is a danger to me and my pup, he is a nurse, so he could easily kill me when I go for check-ups for my pup."
I was looking around to see if the pack took her serious. Because this was the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard.

But Jonathan didn't even blink and without hesitation he kicked me out of the pack. He gave me a few minutes to get my stuff, and even guided me to the border.

Now 5 years later, it still hurts. The fact that I was rejected and shortly after kicked out of the pack, meant I was forced to live as a rogue. How I found the strength to keep going I don't know. But all I knew is that I don't want to be as weak as my mother was, just for losing my mate.

A/N First chapter, i hope you like it!!