N°2

[Wednesday]

Guns. War. Machines. Tanks.

Jinah has zero interest in whatever the fuck is going on in history class. The teacher's voice is boring enough to make her fall asleep. The only thing that is keeping her awake is the rock music blasting in one earbud in her left ear. The other ear is open in case the teacher catches her slacking off again.

Sleep does sound good right now...

"She's doing it again," Wonho mutters beside her, though he keeps his gaze focused on the whiteboard.

Through the pulsating music, Jinah only hums in response, already aware of who he is referring to. It's something that she had gotten used to rather quickly.

The first time they shared a class in sophomore year, the gothic girl always had her eyes on Jinah. It started as little glances each time the two made eye contact. Before Jinah knew it, she caught Jennie watching her at least once a day. More like glaring because there's nothing fond or positive behind those menacing cat eyes. Jinah is aware of it all but has never bothered to confront Jennie about it. Mainly because she is used to having many eyes on her.

While Jinah does not care about what other people think about her, she's rather intrigued by Jennie. She wants to know why she would rather stare at her than pay attention in class. Probably taking mental notes of what to steal from Jinah's wardrobe and using her as inspiration for tomorrow's outfit.

Jinah quietly chuckles to herself at the thought.

Jennie's fashion style isn't considered 'normal' in their school. The clothes she wears mainly consist of black, leather, fishnets, and lace. Lots of jewelry. Powders her face in dark makeup. Unlike the rest of the crowd, Jinah is not one to judge people based on what they wear. She finds Jennie attractive because she is different.

Way different than the other girls who throw themselves at her.

One might argue they are a match together based on their physical appearances, but personality-wise?

That's hard to determine.

Jennie values peace while Jinah loves the dangerous thrill of causing trouble.

Jinah finds irony in that when she remembers all the times Jennie has cursed her out and hit her. The only time she had seen Jennie act like a sweet kitten was when she spotted her hanging out with Jisoo. She was so sweet and clingy to the senior like she genuinely enjoyed her company. Around strangers, she is shy and reserved.

There has to be something she is hiding behind that timid facade.

Something more sinister?

No.

Well, maybe.

The quiet ones are always freaky.

"Miss Son, who was the President of the United States during the Korean War?" the teacher asks, stopping right in front of the desk and staring down at the clueless student.

Jinah perks her head up from her palm.

Fuck.

She was too busy daydreaming about Jennie the whole class period instead of listening to whatever Mr. Hong was talking about.

"I asked you a question, Miss Son."

Jinah yanks the earbud out to hear what this hag has got to say. "Yeah, I heard you."

"Then, answer it."

"How should I fucking know? Do I look American to you?" she snaps, crossing her arms and sinking back into her seat.