Chapter 8

"Shut it you lot, before I make you!" barked Moody in frustration. Immediately everyone quietened ; no one wanted to be on Moody's bad side. "Good, now, I have interrogated them under veritaserum and so we have no choice but to believe that they are telling the truth." Another silence before people began to nod, looking the time travellers up and down.

"Thank you, Sir," said Teddy nervously. "Um... so basically, we had an accident with a time turner, it broke and we ended up in this year. I'll get to where we were staying later, but we came here because we need your help to get back. We realised that our present time, your future I suppose, is frozen until we get back so we can't get help from there. We've tried looking for spells to get us back but there aren't any. So we need your help."

"All right, say we help you, how do we do it?" asked Mr Weasley. Vic smiled. "I'm glad you asked. Basically we need one of the ministry workers to help us steal a time turner. We  obliviate the rest of you and have one person take us back to where we came from so we can travel back safely. We'l modify that person's memory before going so they won't remember us, just that they have to get the time turner back to the ministry," she explained to a stunned silence.

"Well, that's certainly doable!" exclaimed Sirius sarcastically. "And of course we're meant to help you strangers from whom we have no proof?"

"Calm down Sirius! We need to help them! Can you imagine if Voldemort found out they were here?" pacified Remus, ignoring the shudder that went around at Voldemort's name. "But," he added frowning, "it would be nice to know your names."

Teddy's throat tightened at hearing his father speak for the first time in conscious memory. "Ok, I'll start us off then. But could someone get all the kids down here too, please? Don't want to re-tell this thing over and over." Tonks immediately called them down and once everyone had settled down comfortably, or as comfortably as they could on Professor McGonagall's conjured, straight-backed chairs, Teddy began.

"Hi everyone, for those of you who don't know, we are from the future. My name is Teddy, or Edward Remus Lupin." Remus looked absolutely flabbergasted, eyes wide and mouth open in a comical 'o'.

After a lot of stammering and paling he finally managed to get out, "My son? You're my son? Are you -"

"No, Dad," Teddy smiled. It felt wonderful to be able to call him that to his face for the first time in his life. "I'm not a werewolf." Remus' face lit up and he grinned back.

"I have a son!" he muttered, beaming at Sirius, and Bill and Moody, and basically everyone.

"Yeah, so like I said I'm Teddy, I'm 25, I'm an auror, I was in Hufflepuff like Mum, and I'm also a metamorphmagus!" he ended, smiling at Tonks, his Mum. It was so nice to be able to physically see his mum.

Tonks squealed in excitement, hugging Teddy tightly. He hugged her back, nearly crying at the feeling. Then she stepped back with a gasp. "If you're my son, and Remus' son-" She looked at Remus, smugly. "We have a son together, Moony! I told you we were meant for each other!" He nodded nervously, smiling at her.

"Ok, I'll go next! I'm Vic or Victoire Lupin, Teddy's my husband-" she was cut off by Tonks who had squealed yet again and hugged her tightly.

"I have a daughter-in-law! My son is married! Oh Merlin!!" Victoire held back tears at her excitement. It wasn't fair that she never got to meet her mother-in-law. Instead, she grinned back at Tonks and continued. "So, yeah. I work in the ministry, for the rights of part-humans or other magical creatures. I'm one-eight veela and I have 2 younger siblings, who, luckily, are not here with us. And my parents are Bill and Fleur Weasley!" she finished, to Molly's delighted gasp.