Chapter 4

The next morning James and Fred woke up, sneaking to Rose's room, eager to see what the two had been up to. To their glee they found it locked and a silencing charm put on the door. They began banging on the door, shouting at the couple to let them in. Of course, Rose and Scorpius couldn't hear, but the rest of the entire house could and they came towards the door, grumbling in annoyance and rubbing their eyes. Evidently they had just woken up and were not pleased about it. "What the bloody hell is going on here?" asked Teddy crossly, glaring at the two boys. They just smiled cheekily and pointed to the locked door.

"We were just wondering what was going on behind those locked and silenced doors!" said Fred fake demurely. Immediately Teddy's expression changed to worry. He had trusted them not to do anything! Ron was so going to kill him! He tried 'alohomora' which didn't work and a few other unlocking charms none of which helped. Groaning, he told everyone to get ready for breakfast and then he himself went to get ready. Since he couldn't wake them up, they would just have to miss breakfast. It was not a fitting punishment but he couldn't really do much since they were technically adults and the only reason he didn;t want them to do anything was so he would not face Ron's wrath.

When he went down however he found Rose and Scorpius sitting casually with the rest of them, chatting as if nothing had happened. He marched up to them angrily. "What the bloody hell were you doing last night you two?" He was taller than both of them and Scorpius seemed to shrink under his gaze. His eyes could harden in an instant, something he had inherited from his father's werewolf side. Rose however stared him squarely in the eyes, not flinching from his gaze.

"What we were doing is none of your business. We're adults and responsible enough to take care of ourselves. Also, I'm not stupid enough to do something like that here! In another timeline where everything could go wrong! Besides, you don't actually care if we were doing anything or not! You're just scared of my father!" she pointed out coolly, her hair frizzing up more, a bad sign. Hugo, having noticed this, quickly tried to pacify her unsuccessfully. After a long pause in which she did not break eye contact with him, she said "If you must know, I had a nightmare and we decided not to disturb the rest of you!"

Teddy looked abashed. "Oh. Um..." he looked around uncomfortably until Vic nudged him. "Sorry Rose, I shouldn't have assumed anything."

Rose smiled sweetly, "Thanks Teddy, I appreciate it." Sometimes it was scary how quickly her mood could change.

"Ok, great! Everyone's happy! Now can we please eat something? I'm starving!" exclaimed James, making everyone laugh. James would never change.

"If we have anything to eat that is," drawled Scorpius.

"What do you mean?" asked Hugo, terror evident on his face. Rose rolled her eyes. Her brother was far too dramatic.

"Hugo, think about it, this place was last used more than 14 years ago. Did you really think there would be any food? Honestly, use your brain!" exclaimed Rose.

Hugo looked down at his feet. "Right," he mumbled, turning red.

James tapped his foot impatiently. "How do we get food? We have to eat! We might starve!"

It was Lily's turn to roll her eyes. "James, obviously we'll go and buy food from somewhere! I'm sure there's a place nearby." James blushed and didn't reply.

"I think I have some muggle money on me, but I really don't think it's enough to last us," said Teddy, reaching into his pocket and bringing out about 20 pounds. 

"It's not exactly legal, but maybe we could multiply the money using 'Gemino'?" suggested Pandora hesitantly. 

Victoire considered it for a while. "Yeah, while I agree it's not very legal or ethical, we don't really have a choice if we want to survive. Thanks Pandora," she said, casting the spell. Eventually they had about 400 pounds.