Chapter 6

Despite the reliable routine, however, they had made no further discoveries and everyone was getting rather annoyed by the lack of progress.

"Guys, it's been a week and nothing has happened! We still have no way to get back, and even though we're learning many useful skills, this is really a waste of time! We have to try something else!" exclaimed James in frustration, throwing down yet another book.

"I hate to say this, but I think he's right. We really have learned nothing at all about getting back and I think the longer we stay the harder it will be to adapt back to normal life. I don't think another library will really help, since the Potter Library is one of the biggest in the magical world. What else can we do?" asked Rose, looking around.

"Flourish and Blotts, maybe?" suggested Pandora.

Victoire shook her head. "No, I don't think so, Pandora. I really doubt there is a book in Flourish and Blotts that isn't here, and , besides, I don't think a spell can help us get back. We need a time turner."

"Where the bloody hell do you want to get a time turner from, Vic?" asked Fred, irritatedly.

"Don't talk to her like that!" cut in Teddy sharply, glaring at Fred who muttered an apology.

"I think Mom had one when she was younger. Maybe she still has it?" asked Hugo

"No, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure she had to give it up at the end of third year when she dropped a few subjects," explained Albus

"The Department of Mysteries has some! I remember that the textbook said that there was an entire room dedicated to time turners before Dad and the others smashed them!" said Lily excitedly.

"Yeah, and how do you want to get those? Break in?" replied James sarcastically, rolling his eyes at Lily. When she didn't counter it his eyes widened. "Wait, Lils, you can't be serious!"

"Why not? There's no other option, is there? Time is frozen back in the present so we won't get help from there, we can't find a spell to send us back, what else can we do? We need a time tuner and those are the only ones we know the location of!" Lily shot back angrily.

"But Lils, we'll end up where we turn time from remember? Like how we did now? But in the future, the time turner room is gone! Harry said it had been demolished. That means we would have no idea where we could end up! That's too dangerous, and trying to sneak safely back OUT of the ministry as well is a bit too risky as well. I really don't see how we can work that," said Teddy. Lily hung her head dejectedly but Pandora spoke up.

"No! We can make it work! All we need is for one person to sneak in, get one and sneak out then we can come back here and go back! One person isn't that risky, no one goes into the department of mysteries, we can steal a uniform from one of the unspeakables and get one person in and out!" she said.

Scorpius snorted incredulously. "Yeah, right! And how would you propose we put it back? Next thing you know we'll have to go to Grimmauld Place and have them help us!"

Victoire closed her eyes thoughtfully. "Actually, that's not a bad idea!" Before a clamor could break out she held out her hands. "Let me finish! We go there, tell them who we are and ask for help. I'm sure Grandpa or maybe your mom, Teddy can help us sneak in. Then we come back, obliviate everyone except for one person. Then that person comes here with us, makes sure we get back properly then puts it back!"

 "Maybe we can just modify that person's memory too so they don't realise where they are, but just know they have a time turner to return without getting back." put in Scorpius

"That might actually work!" exclaimed Rose excitedly.

"But isn't it kind of like the imperius curse if we make them do stuff that we want without their knowledge?" a concerned Lily asked.

"Don't worry Lils. It's not like we're doing it for bad! We really need to get back and this is the only way right now," Scorpius comforted her.

"I... oh alright! Fine!" consented Teddy. "This is totally crazy but ok!"

"We're going to Grimmauld Place."