xxv.

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

Our trip up North had been great and I was sitting next to Iris during the entire flight.

We talked together, laughed together, ate together, took pictures together, slept and woke up at the same times and honestly, I was slowly starting to realise that my career wasn't worth it. I wanted to be with her and her only.

It had been a ten almost eleven years of madness, but it was time to make things right. Dad knew what he was talking about. I could see myself giving up the Roman Catholic Church despite the riches, glory and privileges I got from it. I needed to choose myself over others, something a Priest never did.

I was currently in my room, watching the snow descend heavily on the land. It was extremely cold in this area, especially today where temperatures were way below average.

The sporting activities had been postponed to the next day because of the heavy snowfall and the abnormally cold temperatures. They were hoping the weather would be manageable tomorrow.

It was an organised thing for a lot of schools. Most of them had arrived but many were still on the way, arriving tomorrow because it was too dangerous to fly during a blizzard.

I wore another thicker coat over my layers then left my room, heading to the dining area where everyone else was. They were serving some hot beverages, but I needed some wine.

"Father Reid, fancy seeing you down here," I was met with a cheerful Amy who had such a bright smile, it nearly killed my vision.

"Hey, Amy. How's it going?" I smiled slowly, analysing her unconsciously. She was a beautiful woman indeed, it was no wonder the boys around here couldn't stop approaching her. It was a little worse at the airport, she had to hide behind me.

Her cheeks were a bright pink from the cold and she was clothed from head to toe, her golden hair partially hidden under her hat.

"Amazing. I was just about to go and get some tea, wanna come?" She sounded so enthusiastic. She was very optimistic about everything and that was a good quality.

"Of course. I'm having some alcohol though," I warned her and she simply laughed.

"No problem," she shrugged, covering her face when she noticed a guy, "he's been bothering me since I got here, he doesn't get the fact that I'm a sister. I don't want to be romantically involved with anyone but he keeps pestering."

"Don't worry, I'll handle him." I held out my hand and she took it, gripping tightly as we walked to the counter.

"Amy, hey beautiful," the guy didn't hesitate to come closer to us and she gave me a nervous gaze.

"I thought she told you to stay away," I stared down at him, his head lifting high to meet my orbs.

"And who do you think you are? Her boyfriend?" He scoffed as I moved closer to him, swiftly retrieving a butterfly knife from my pocket within my sleeve so Amy wouldn't notice it, and pressing it against his abdomen when I leaned down to his height.