Ch 13

Will had spent the day putting things away in his quarters. Admittedly he hadn't done the best job keeping up with things over the past week or so. Deanna had helped some, but Will wasn't satisfied and he needed something to pass the time until he would have to meet with Deanna, and then Beverly. Something to occupy his mind and keep him from wondering, 'What if I'm not cleared?'

With everything put away but Fuzzy and one of his pacifiers, he pulled the box out from the back of the storage closet. Only he didn't put them back in and return the box to its place. He just sat there, on the floor, the box between his legs and turned it over.

Out fell the other pacifier Deanna had gotten for him all those years ago. The Blue's Clues backpack he had briefly wondered about only two days prior. A sippy cup, decorated with little cartoons, not just a simple solid color like the ones he had been using from the replicator since Malcor III.

Will smiled before placing them all back into the box. All but Fuzzy. He placed the box on the front of the shelf in his storage closet, and he didn't push it back. He set Fuzzy at the head of his bed.

***

Sitting in Deanna's office was never something he had minded all that much, but it was usually social. This time it was to discuss him, not to idly chat of teasingly flirt, not even to simply talk with one another about their lives. It was only about Will.

Getting cleared for duty was a process that seemed to drag on forever. The wait was excruciating and time seemed to have slowed to measly crawl just to irritate him and make his skin itch in anticipation.

Deanna took her time evaluating him and reviewing the progress he had made with Dr. Lee. It wasn't much, but given that it had only been three days, that was to be expected.

Will was anxious and antsy. Not a single position seemed to be comfortable.

"Relax, Will. I'm sure it won't be much longer." Deanna said briefly looking up from her PADD.

Easier said than done. Deanna smiled reassuringly. Will nodded, trying to return the gesture with a smile of his own, but it was smaller than he would have liked, but she would have known had it been fake.

He tried to sit still as he waited. His knee bounced and jerked. Perhaps it was the nerves, or maybe the excitement at the prospect of returning to work.

Or you forgot to take your medicine. Deanna raised an eyebrow, "Did you remember to take it this morning?"

"Yes, Ma'am." Will shot her a cheeky grin, "I remembered, all on my own."

"Will."

"What? I did." Will replied, not entirely defensive, he couldn't blame her for assuming he had forgotten.

Deanna sighed and shook her head. Will grinned again.

"I would like you to continue seeing Dr. Lee until the both of you agree that the sessions are no longer necessary." Deanna said, "But, I see no reason for you not to return to duty, if you feel you are ready."

Will smiled, "I'm cleared then?"

"You're cleared, Commander." Deanna said, just as Will was beginning to stand she spoke again, "If Beverly thinks you've healed enough."