𝟎𝟏𝟎 Muppet's Tee

Start from the beginning

A knock is heard at the door and Emery's smile lessens. Nerves settle into her stomach and she inhales a deep breath. Emery wipes her hands clean and makes her way through her apartment. She gets to the door and her hands hovers over the doorknob. Emery keeps her eyes on the door and swallows. She has been dreading this day and she hated that.

Emery hated dreading things, especially when it came to someone she cared about.

Emerson opens the door, revealing her estranged boyfriend. "Will, hey."

William presses his lips into a small smile. A silence settles between them and for a moment, William forgot that they were dating. Emery had that same thought too. But neither of them admitted it. He inhales a breath and takes his hands away from behind his back. "Here you go." He holds it out to her.

Emery looks down at the wine bottle and she raises her brows. "Thanks, still cold."

"Yeah, of course it is." William gives her a chaste kiss on the cheek before walking into the apartment. Emery tilts her head to the ceiling with frustration that this was even happening.

William and Emery's relationship never got back to the way that it was after that stupid argument over the toothbrush. William realized that if Emery was going to blow up about a small thing like a toothbrush, then what was going to stop her from blowing up over an actual argument between them. Now, the couple just started having arguments over the smallest things. "Why did you leave the beer out?" Or "Were you even listening to what I said?"

But then a question came up that Emery couldn't even register in her head.

Flashback

"Hey, can we...move this picture somewhere else?"

Emery looks over at William and knits her brows together. "If it's my Anakin Skywalker poster, I've already told you, he will forever and always have a place in my..." she trails off her sentence when she sees William looking at the picture of her and Helena.

Helena had her lips pressed against Emerson's cheek. Emery's eyes were closed but she had such a hearty smile. It would make anyone smile just looking at it. Well, everyone but William.

Emery swallows and she slips her graphic tee on. "Wh-what?" She makes her way over to him. "Why would you—"

"I'm not telling you to destroy it, I'm just saying to move it in the living room." William shrugs.

"But, I already have a picture of Helena in the living room." Emery says.

William lets out a scoff and nods his head, "Yeah, sure, Em. Because that's the point I was trying to make..." he brushes past her.

Emery knits her brows and slightly shakes her head, confused. "Wait—wait, William, just talk to me." She grabs his arm.

William stops and looks at her, "Look, I'm not trying to start anything, but I don't feel comfortable having sex with you in front of that picture."

"Oh..." Emery looks at the picture of her and Helena. "...you've never said anything before, why didn't you say anything before?"

"I'm saying something now..." William wipes his face, like he was getting annoyed. And that causes Emery to scoff, "You don't have to act like that, especially since you wanted to have this conversation."