18th Dec : Nicole Barber

Y/N pov

Y/N pov

I had just put Henry to sleep before heading to the living room. Nicole and I are going through a rough patch and truthfully I hate it. I get the feeling that the woman that I have spent over a decade in love with doesn't love me.

I saw she was still sat on the sofa watching whatever was on the tv. She didn't spare me a glance so I went to get my pillow and blanket from our bedroom. I have been sleeping on the sofa for a couple of months now.

"Did he go to sleep ok?" She asked without looking at me.

"Yes." I gave her a short answer. I set the pillow and blanket on the end of the sofa. Nicole stood up from her spot and walked to the bedroom. I shut the TV off before I lay on the sofa.

I don't know how long I was lay there for but I soon heard footsteps from down the hall approaching. I looked up to see Nicole in the dim light of the lamp. She had her arms crossed over her chest. My heart yearned for her again.

"What has happened with us?" She asked quietly. I sat up and gave her my full attention.

"I don't know." I replied as she nodded. I know what the problem was. She wants to go back to LA whereas my work is here.

"You must know." She said as she waved her arms in front of her.

"I know one thing for certain." I told her as I looked in her eyes. "I love you."

"That is not good enough." She said. "I have opportunities in LA. I can strengthen my career. Also our family is in LA."

"Then we will go." I told her.

"You don't understand Y/N." She said before her eyes met mine. "What?"

"I know I love my job here but it means fuck all to me if I am not with the woman I love. Supporting her with her dreams." I said as I stood up. "You supported me with mine. You stayed here in New York with me. You didn't have to but you did."

"I did that because I love you." She stated.

"And that is why I quit my job." I told her as I stepped before her, looking down in her eyes. "I quit. I gave my resignation today. Effect of immediately."

"Why?" She whispered shakily.

"Because I love you. I love you more than any job in the world." I told her as my hands nervously found her waist. "There will be opportunities for me in LA too. But this is about you and your dream now."

She hugged me tight as soft cries escaped her.

"I hated these past couple of months." I told her honestly. "Seeing the affect it had on Henry, I just knew what I needed to do for the three of us."

"I love you." She whispered before she kissed me softly. It was salty and wet due to her tears.

"I love you." I smiled at her. She led me back to our room and we both got in bed. I held her tight in my arms as she fell asleep. Myself not too far behind her.

AN

Another chapter dudes. Let me know what you think